XSPC Raystorm water blocks

Hey,

I have a couple of questions, about XSPC Raystorm cpu water blocks, and the water block for gtx 670.

Firstly: Are they good?

Secondly: Is it possible to mod them so I can fit 5 mm LEDs in them instead of 3mm, without damaging the water blocks? It seems like the LEDs on the cpu water block is in the mounting plate, can anyone confirm that?

The reason why I ask of this, is because I want to make some RGB lighting mods to my build. And I think it would look awesome if the color on the water blocks could change color as well.

My setup: i5 3570K  - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77 GD65 - 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD - Corsair AX760i - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 2GB - 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RAM - Corsair Carbide 500R (modded side window)

1: Yes, they are a very popular water block sue to their availability for LED installation.

2: No. You will have to drill them to fit them but I recommend getting the 3mm

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

1: Yes, they are a very popular water block sue to their availability for LED installation.

2: No. You will have to drill them to fit them but I recommend getting the 3mm

Well, the problem is I can't get 3mm RGB LEDs, oh well, gotta think of some other way to do it then, thanks for your reply

My setup: i5 3570K  - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77 GD65 - 256 GB Samsung 840 pro SSD - Corsair AX760i - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 2GB - 4x4 GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer RAM - Corsair Carbide 500R (modded side window)

I have the raystrom waterblock for cpu. I wouldn't recommend it. My base wasn't flat I can't get a good mount at all doent matter how much pressure is used, the Tim are barley spreading and when I got it they send me the wrong mounting screws so it not fit in the back at all  had to wait for 2 weeks to get them send it to me. Just pay 30 dollar more and get a 380i.

Hey,

I have a couple of questions, about XSPC Raystorm cpu water blocks, and the water block for gtx 670.

Firstly: Are they good?

Secondly: Is it possible to mod them so I can fit 5 mm LEDs in them instead of 3mm, without damaging the water blocks? It seems like the LEDs on the cpu water block is in the mounting plate, can anyone confirm that?

The reason why I ask of this, is because I want to make some RGB lighting mods to my build. And I think it would look awesome if the color on the water blocks could change color as well.

my SLI 660ti 3GB cards worked out real well with the GTX670 Razor blocks.

no issues on fitment, cooling or incorrect hardware. putting larger LED could

be a problem as the acrylic is only 7mm thick and drilling it on-center 5mm

could lead to splitting the acrylic.

my SLI 660ti 3GB cards worked out real well with the GTX670 Razor blocks.

no issues on fitment, cooling or incorrect hardware. putting larger LED could

be a problem as the acrylic is only 7mm thick and drilling it on-center 5mm

could lead to splitting the acrylic.

Aha, I see, I'm a bit annoyed, that I can't get 5 mm LEDs in the water blocks... Guess I will just use them without LEDs in them then