PC randomly crashes (Black screen)

OperationFaild

Hello,
my PC randomly crashes to a black screen, no BSOD just black screen / no sound: All the RGB stuff, fans, AIO, power button led were still on, I've tried to press the power button for five seconds, nothing happened, I Tried pressing the reset button and nothing happened, the only way I could start my PC again was turning of the PSU. I reinstalled windows which didn't help.
This happened about 20 times now. It is happening about one time a day. It didn't happen when I was running the memtest68 Linux distro, that may just be a coincidence.
After the crash I took a look in the windows event viewer, it stopped logging some minutes before the crash, there were no errors or anything.

My rig: (bought a month ago)
Ryzen 1600X
ASUS PRIME X370 PRO
Corsair vengance RGB DDR4 3000Mhz CL16
Cooler Master ML240R RGB
GTX 750 (I'm going to buy a GTX 1070 next week)
Samsung evo 850 250 GB SATA (I'm buying a Samsung evo 970 m.2 500GB next week)
corsair RM650x 600W PSU
windows 10 PRO 64 bit

is it windows or could it be the old GPU or is the motherboard broken
thanks in advance

20 minutes ago, OperationFaild said:

Hello,
my PC randomly crashes to a black screen, no BSOD just black screen / no sound: All the RGB stuff, fans, AIO, power button led were still on, I've tried to press the power button for five seconds, nothing happened, I Tried pressing the reset button and nothing happened, the only way I could start my PC again was turning of the PSU. I reinstalled windows which didn't help.
This happened about 20 times now. It is happening about one time a day. It didn't happen when I was running the memtest68 Linux distro, that may just be a coincidence.
After the crash I took a look in the windows event viewer, it stopped logging some minutes before the crash, there were no errors or anything.

My rig: (bought a month ago)
Ryzen 1600X
ASUS PRIME X370 PRO
Corsair vengance RGB DDR4 3000Mhz CL16
Cooler Master ML240R RGB
GTX 750 (I'm going to buy a GTX 1070 next week)
Samsung evo 850 250 GB SATA (I'm buying a Samsung evo 970 m.2 500GB next week)
corsair RM650x 600W PSU
windows 10 PRO 64 bit

is it windows or could it be the old GPU or is the motherboard broken
thanks in advance

Well first things first, Is your winows up-to-date? Pirated not updated windows can have compatibility issues with ryzen. If that doesn't work then re-installing recent ryzen drivers is good. Try to play some music all day until it crashes see if the music is still playing. If it is then is a video card or driver issue. If not the your whole system is crashing.

In that case try using the ram sticks alone (1 stick at a time) if it crashes with all sticks with any combination then it's either your ram or CPU.

If it's the ram that doesn't crash with one stick but with the other it does than you contact Corsair and try to get a replacement. If it's the cpu then it might be a bug with the drivers try installing another version than your current driver.

Good luck

My PC is a fast boyo:

6700K - 32GB - 1080 - 256GB EVO

^^You don't need more info than this right?^^

12 hours ago, robinhood22 said:

Well first things first, Is your winows up-to-date? Pirated not updated windows can have compatibility issues with ryzen. If that doesn't work then re-installing recent ryzen drivers is good. Try to play some music all day until it crashes see if the music is still playing. If it is then is a video card or driver issue. If not the your whole system is crashing.

In that case try using the ram sticks alone (1 stick at a time) if it crashes with all sticks with any combination then it's either your ram or CPU.

If it's the ram that doesn't crash with one stick but with the other it does than you contact Corsair and try to get a replacement. If it's the cpu then it might be a bug with the drivers try installing another version than your current driver.

Good luck

windows is up to date and the ryzen drivers too.

music or any other sound stops when the crash occours.

I've tested the ram with memetest68 for about 10h which i think should be enough, neo errors occured.

i think it could be the GPU which may be crashing completly and it may take the whol system with it, like removig the gpu while in operation, I guess, is that possible.

I had some issues with me gpu on my old system.