wall mounted table

hammad1029

okay so I just got finished building my wallmounted pc a few days ago and desperately need a new table(new one is ugly as hell). to go along with the theme I'm thinking of buying a wallmounted table but to my surprise there is not a single PC setup online with one. Is there something bad about them that stops people from buying it? do they not look good in PC setups? pic attached for ref.

Image result for wall mounted table

23 minutes ago, hammad1029 said:

okay so I just got finished building my wallmounted pc a few days ago and desperately need a new table(new one is ugly as hell). to go along with the theme I'm thinking of buying a wallmounted table but to my surprise there is not a single PC setup online with one. Is there something bad about them that stops people from buying it? do they not look good in PC setups? pic attached for ref.

Image result for wall mounted table

One problem with wall mounted tables like that one is they cannot support as much as a conventional table with legs. The one in the photo doesn't have much room. Even if you were using a laptop on it, you wouldn't have much room for your knees and feet. Larger ones that have more room for your knees and feet wouldn't be able to handle much more weight than a laptop. Even leaning on it could cause it to fail.

One that would work and could even carry the weight of a desktop machine would need bracing brackets underneath the table down to the wall studs which you may or may not find aesthetically acceptable. Another option would be to fasten one edge of the table to the wall and support the opposite edge with legs.

Another major disadvantage to fastening a table to a wall is you will never be able to move it without leaving wall damage behind if you ever decided to rearrange the furniture (that seems to be less of an issue with guys than it is with gals).

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Oopsie. Double post.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

8 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

One problem with wall mounted tables like that one is they cannot support as much as a conventional table with legs. The one in the photo doesn't have much room. Even if you were using a laptop on it, you wouldn't have much room for your knees and feet. Larger ones that have more room for your knees and feet wouldn't be able to handle much more weight than a laptop. Even leaning on it could cause it to fail.

One that would work and coul deven carry the weight of a desktop machine would need bracing brackets underneath the table down to the wall studs which you may or may not find aesthetically acceptable. Another option would be to fasten one edge of the table to the wall and supprt the opposite edge with legs.

Another major disadvantage to fastening a table to a wall is you will never be able to move it without leaving wall damage behind if you ever decided to rearrange the furniture (that seems to be less of an issue with guys than it is with gals).

The place I'm considering to buy from, assured me that it can withstand upto 20kg because it's reinforced by metal brackets (don't know how else to explain but yeah it looks pretty damn sturdy). And besides as I said my PC is wallmounted so the only things to keep on the desk is a keyboard, mouse and monitor which obviously don't way much. And yeah the one in the pic is pretty small but I'm going to be buying one of about 4ft in length. as for the legs I already have a footrest so that's all good. about the moving of the table, well I'm a guy lol. So keeping that in mind what'd be your advice?

2 minutes ago, hammad1029 said:

The place I'm considering to buy from, assured me that it can withstand upto 20kg because it's reinforced by metal brackets (don't know how else to explain but yeah it looks pretty damn sturdy). And besides as I said my PC is wallmounted so the only things to keep on the desk is a keyboard, mouse and monitor which obviously don't way much. And yeah the one in the pic is pretty small but I'm going to be buying one of about 4ft in length. as for the legs I already have a footrest so that's all good. about the moving of the table, well I'm a lol. So keeping that in mind what'd be your advice?

20kg is only around 40 lb. I can easily put that much weight on a table sitting in a chair and leaning on it with my elbows. I would strongly suggest putting table legs on the corners of the unattached edge.

Jeannie