PC Hard Locking

Spartan-S63

For quite some time now, my PC has hard locked and the only way to recover is to force a reboot. Nothing shows up  in the Windows event viewer other than an event caused an unexpected restart. There's no rhyme or reason to these hard locks, either. Sometimes it'll take the PC being booted for two weeks to have one happen, sometimes a hard lock will happen fifteen minutes after a reboot. I can't figure anything out definitively as I'm at a loss for diagnostic information.

For background, the RAM is in the qualified vendor list (Corsair Vengeance LPX) for the motherboard. The GPU and motherboard have both been RMA'd once before. The GPU died and the motherboard died, as well. Both are replacement parts from ASUS. When the hard lock happens, the Q Code LED readout reads "04" which indicates "PCH Initialization before Microcode" though I'm not sure if that code means anything significant as it is since the LED changes while the computer is booted up.

Machine specs:

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 700 G2

Mobo: ASUS Maximus IX Forumula

CPU: Intel i7 7700k

CPU: Asus ROG Strix 1080 Ti

RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400Mhz

Storage: 500GB Samsung 950 EVO NVMe, 256GB Samsung 830 Pro, 960GB Sandisk SSD, 2TB Toshiba 7200 RPM

I've done extensive troubleshooting. I've done the follow:

• RMA'd the motherboard, ASUS said it was fine
  • RMA'd the CPU, no change
  • Ran Memtest86 and seen no errors with all sticks of RAM and each stick individually
  • Removed two sticks of RAM in hopes that one of the sticks is faulty, still resulted in a hard lock
  • Swapped power supplies to see if that was the issue, no change

At this point, the only two things I can think of that might be the culprit is the GPU or the the RAM (and try with a different RAM kit).

Does anyone have any advice on what to try next? Thanks!