Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Possible Bottleneck?

Hey! i currently have a intel pentium g4560 as well as a gtx 1050 and a asus b250m-a motherboard as my rig, im looking to game at around 120fps and stream 720p and my cpu is just not strong enough. If i upgrade to a i5 7600k would i be fine or is it a bottleneck. Please help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I recommend using NVENC to stream, try it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

What games, what resolution, which quality settings, what software to stream and what are all the specs of your pc?

a person with an AIO liquid cpu cooler installed on his brains.

 

Just Kidding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ItzJex said:

Hey! i currently have a intel pentium g4560 as well as a gtx 1050 and a asus b250m-a motherboard as my rig, im looking to game at around 120fps and stream 720p and my cpu is just not strong enough. If i upgrade to a i5 7600k would i be fine or is it a bottleneck. Please help

80-100 might be doable depending on the game but 120 seems like a bit of a long shot. I've got a feeling that your GPU is keeping it from hitting 120.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

primarily fortnite, 1080p, all low, i use streamlabs obs, i have 430w power supply, asus b250m-a mobo, intel pentium g4560, gigabyte gtx 1050 2gb oc edition, and 8gb ram avg speed. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ItzJex said:

primarily fortnite, 1080p, all low, i use streamlabs obs, i have 430w power supply, asus b250m-a mobo, intel pentium g4560, gigabyte gtx 1050 2gb oc edition, and 8gb ram avg speed. Thanks.

I'm not completely sure, but I agree with 1kv. 

 

Btw. Welcome to the forums! I'd advise you to next time, quote someone so they know you replied :)

a person with an AIO liquid cpu cooler installed on his brains.

 

Just Kidding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

I'm not completely sure, but I agree with 1kv. 

Btw. Welcome to the forums! I'd advise you to next time, quote someone so they know you replied :)

i can game with my current rig around 120fps, but i cant stream at the same time. ive tried nvenc and x264. just wondering if a i5 7600k would help with streaming 

 

16 minutes ago, ItzJex said:

i can game with my current rig around 120fps, but i cant stream at the same time. ive tried nvenc and x264. just wondering if a i5 7600k would help with streaming 

is that a good upgrade from a dual core to i5 7600k.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ItzJex said:

i can game with my current rig around 120fps, but i cant stream at the same time. ive tried nvenc and x264. just wondering if a i5 7600k would help with streaming 

A bit but I think you'll still be having a lot of stuttering you'd probably need a 7700. Don't bother to go for a 7*00k because you can't overclock with that board

a person with an AIO liquid cpu cooler installed on his brains.

 

Just Kidding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

A bit but I think you'll still be having a lot of stuttering you'd probably need a 7700. Don't bother to go for a 7*00k because you can't overclock with that board

the i5 7700 is not compatible 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes im aware but i was thinking between the i5 7600k and the i7 7700, both are compatible and its about a 130 price gap favouring the i5. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol just save up and get a ryzen 1600/2600 xD. To answer your initiall question an 7600k will not bottleneck the 1050, but your system is not optimal for streaming with your requirements

a person with an AIO liquid cpu cooler installed on his brains.

 

Just Kidding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

Lol just save up and get a ryzen 1600/2600 xD. To answer your initiall question an 7600k will not bottleneck the 1050, but your system is not optimal for streaming with your requirements

lol ryzens not compatible with my mobo. im pinched

 

9 minutes ago, TheThymo said:

Lol just save up and get a ryzen 1600/2600 xD. To answer your initiall question an 7600k will not bottleneck the 1050, but your system is not optimal for streaming with your requirements

how easy would it be to upgrade my gpu to a 1060 and my cpu to a i7. is it as easy as plug it in and go? im hesitant to upgrade as i dont know how easy it is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ItzJex said:

how easy would it be to upgrade my gpu to a 1060 and my cpu to a i7. is it as easy as plug it in and go? im hesitant to upgrade as i dont know how easy it is. 

Pretty much plug n play

a person with an AIO liquid cpu cooler installed on his brains.

 

Just Kidding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, TheThymo said:

Pretty much plug n play

so you're saying if i upgrade my gtx 1050 to a 1060 and my pentium g4560 to a 7600k ill have a more solid streaming computer? and it would be good to go?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ItzJex said:

so you're saying if i upgrade my gtx 1050 to a 1060 and my pentium g4560 to a 7600k ill have a more solid streaming computer? and it would be good to go?

No, you'll have a overall better performing pc. However you will have a cpu that can oc, but a mobo that can't. A gpu that is better, good enough for 1080p med 120hz Gaming. 

But that cpu is borderline for streaming

a person with an AIO liquid cpu cooler installed on his brains.

 

Just Kidding

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TheThymo said:

No, you'll have a overall better performing pc. However you will have a cpu that can oc, but a mobo that can't. A gpu that is better, good enough for 1080p med 120hz Gaming. 

But that cpu is borderline for streaming

if i crank my settings to low in game, and had 720p possibly 30fps for streaming then would i be good to stream? thx for the help btw

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I havent streamed in a while(4 - 5 years) so i dont remember quite well, but streaming requires a good quantity of RAM, maybe with the ups to a i5 or a i7 throw more 8 GB of RAM?

Main rig: CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X cooled by a Noctua NH-U14S; Mem: 16 GB(2x8) G.Skill TridentZ White 3200 MHz; GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC; MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk; Storage: XPG Spectrix S40G M.2 512GB SSD; Kingston A400 480GB SSD; 1TB Western Digital Blue HDD; PSU: Corsair CX750M Semi-modular (80+ bronze); CASE: Thermaltake Commander C36.

 

Secondary rig: CPU: Intel Core i7 4790 @3.60GHz(Turbo @4.00GHz) cooled by Corsair H60; Mem: G.Skill RipJawsX DDR3 16GB(4x4) OC@2133MHz (11-11-11-30 (1.6V)); GPU: None(for now); MOBO: Gigabyte Z87-HD3; Storage:HyperX 120GB; PSU: Thermaltake SmarT series 750w (80+ bronze); CASE: Thermaltake Chaser A41.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×