Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Freesync

ThePotatoMan1248

So I have an rx 470 and the newest and software. I got a monoprice 34711 for Christmas. I have read a couple threads and I still confuesd. How do I know free sync works. Do you need v sync on too or just free sync in the Radeon settings. Free sync is on on the monitor. I'm using displayport. What is the range of this monitor. Why does fortnite feel stuttery with v sync off and only dropping to high 40s but things like battlefront 2 can drop to 35 fps sometimes but doesn't stutter just less smooth because of lower frame rate. I know rx 470 not great for 4k but I'm trying to do like ps4 pro and Xbox one x. Lower resolution and settings. Most game I set to 75% of 4k.

Honestly i have no idea what i just read... 

Let's break it down, you have an rx 470 and a freesync monitor, on which you run various games right?

And...

1. You want to know how can you check if freesync is on.

2. You want to know where is the stutter in some games (like fortnite) coming from if you have v-sync disabled.

For 1 you can check at the display tab in the radeon settings window that can be accessed via right clicking on the desktop or from the system tray icon.

For 2, its because there's a big difference between your maximum and minimum frames, if it keeps jumping from something like 90 fps to 45 fps it will look like stuttering, but by enabling V-sync you limit your max fps to your monitor's refresh rate which i suspect its somewhere between 60-75hz, thus the gap between maximum and minimum frames shortens and it looks smoother.

Also the last part of your post is unclear... but i have my suspicions of what you meant (basically you have a 4k monitor on which you try to run games at lower res and settings). Please post your computer specifications and your monitor brand and model.

Fx 8350 4.2ghz 

10gb ddr3 1600mhz 

Rx 470 4gb

Monoprice 34711

I read somewhere you should limit the frame rate with Free sync on. 

Fortnite has its 60fps limit on. 

I did a fraps bench mark and average was 55 and min was 45 that's not that big.

Free sync is on in Radeon settings. Do you have to be in full screen or can it work in borderless too? In also have a second monitor for discord or if I'm monitoring performance.

• 1 year later...

Hello ThePotatoMan1248,

I have same Monitor.   Right Now, I am running into an issue with No Signal. I contacted support and they are telling me that they are not able to help to reset monitor.   Because I am not able to get OSD Menu on the screen.   Would you mind to help me to reset like exactly how many clicks on the back end panel to reset monitor??