Network card can't connect to modem or router.

Twigjit

Hey everyone. I just got spectrum set up in a new place. My computer has a pci-e intel Ethernet card in it. At my previous place I had century link for my provider and had my pc direct wired to it. For this new setup I got spectrum and it has the modem connected to one of their routers. 

The problem is that my computer recognizes that I have the ethernet card without a problem (pings it just fine) but it doesn't recognize when I plug a cable into it. I see no conflicts with the card and have tried reinstalling drivers, have taken the card out and connected it again. Nothing seem to help. I know the cables I am using are good because both work to connect the router to the modem no problem, I am currently on my laptop that has a wireless connection to the router.

I have also tried to connect the modem directly to my pc to no avail. 

The last little tidbit I can give you is that when I shut the pc off the lights on the ethernet card light up green while the pc has power switch on but computer is off. But those lights flicker on only once or twice during startup then nothing from them...

Do yall think I need a new ethernet card? Any possible solutions are welome.