DisplayPort issue

gboucher

I have an AOC C3583FQ monitor and I wanted to take advantage of the higher refresh rates, but noob that I am, it took me a while to figure out I needed to connect to DisplayPort to do this. I went out and bought a DP cable, plugged it in, and it worked! 143 hz. Then, a short while later (15-30 minutes-ish), it didn't. Screen goes black, had to reconnect with HDMI to get back up. From there on, DisplayPort would not work, at all. I figured it was my old graphics card (GTX950). Fast forward to this week, and I got some nice upgrades for Christmas (i7-9700k, Aorus z390 ultra, 16gb t-force pc3000 ram), and a new video card on boxing day (GTX 1070ti). 

So I thought I would try DisplayPort again. Plugged it in, and it worked! 143hz again. Sometime shortly later... black screen... again. 

Any ideas? Is it possibly a bad cable? 

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

22 minutes ago, gboucher said:

I have an AOC C3583FQ monitor and I wanted to take advantage of the higher refresh rates, but noob that I am, it took me a while to figure out I needed to connect to DisplayPort to do this. I went out and bought a DP cable, plugged it in, and it worked! 143 hz. Then, a short while later (15-30 minutes-ish), it didn't. Screen goes black, had to reconnect with HDMI to get back up. From there on, DisplayPort would not work, at all. I figured it was my old graphics card (GTX950). Fast forward to this week, and I got some nice upgrades for Christmas (i7-9700k, Aorus z390 ultra, 16gb t-force pc3000 ram), and a new video card on boxing day (GTX 1070ti). 

So I thought I would try DisplayPort again. Plugged it in, and it worked! 143hz again. Sometime shortly later... black screen... again. 

Any ideas? Is it possibly a bad cable? 

Appreciate any help. Thanks.

bad cable

So, new displayport cable for the win! Funny, some peeps on another forum said it probably would not be the cable. Thanks!