No Hdmi Input Detected

COTG

Hello again dear linus tech tips...

Ive posted here before, about a week ago about an issue regarding me unable to get an hdmi signal to my monitor. 

After taking apart my system twice, for some reason it was working fine, until today, when I decided to clean out my entire system which I forgot to do before, due to it being full of dust. After putting it all together, I again am getting the no input detected message on my monitor.

All the fans and lighting are running fine, ive taken out the gpu and am using the motherboard hdmi input right now, and it is still not working.
Does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong, and what I could do?

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

What are your system specs?

Does it POST?

i7 7700k, 16 gb of ram, gtx 1080

could you clarify what u mean by post?

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

What are your system specs?

Does it POST?

and the asus z270e gaming motherboard

1 minute ago, COTG said:

i7 7700k, 16 gb of ram, gtx 1080

could you clarify what u mean by post?

POST stands for Power On Self-Test, it occurs during the boot process.

Usually your PC will emit a beep code, or the motherboard will display an LED code. POST codes will tell you if everything is working properly, and what's not working properly.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

5 minutes ago, COTG said:

Hello again dear linus tech tips...

Ive posted here before, about a week ago about an issue regarding me unable to get an hdmi signal to my monitor. 

After taking apart my system twice, for some reason it was working fine, until today, when I decided to clean out my entire system which I forgot to do before, due to it being full of dust. After putting it all together, I again am getting the no input detected message on my monitor.

All the fans and lighting are running fine, ive taken out the gpu and am using the motherboard hdmi input right now, and it is still not working.
Does anyone have any idea of what could be wrong, and what I could do?

Check your HDMI cable isn't bad has happened to me before.

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

POST stands for Power On Self-Test, it occurs during the boot process.

Usually your PC will emit a beep code, or the motherboard will display an LED code. POST codes will tell you if everything is working properly, and what's not working properly.

Just got my system to boot by removing one stick of ram, which is weird since it was working fine before with both. currently while it is working im only getting an orange light on the mobo, ill plug in the second stick of ram again, and see if it works, and if not what LED code I get

Just now, Ben17 said:

Check your HDMI cable isn't bad has happened to me before.

cable should be fine, as im trying it seperately with both an hdmi and display port cable

1 minute ago, COTG said:

Just got my system to boot by removing one stick of ram, which is weird since it was working fine before with both. currently while it is working im only getting an orange light on the mobo, ill plug in the second stick of ram again, and see if it works, and if not what LED code I get

Check your manual to see what the orange light means.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Gamerfiend_ said:

Reseating RAM is always my first go-to

thats weird, ive reinserted the second stick of ram and I am unable to get it to boot again. Does it matter where I plug in my two sticks? they are currently in 1 and 3

1 minute ago, COTG said:

thats weird, ive reinserted the second stick of ram and I am unable to get it to boot again. Does it matter where I plug in my two sticks? they are currently in 1 and 3

try different slots? worst case scenario is dead ram stick. return it if you can.

1 minute ago, COTG said:

Check your RAM isn't bad and also check the rams gold contacts at the base of the stick and the socket pins in the dimm socket

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

Just now, Toffe123 said:

try different slots? worst case scenario is dead ram stick. return it if you can.

I just switched the ram sticks, so im only using the other one, and its working so I think both ram sticks are fine, im gonna try to use slots 2,4 now

6 minutes ago, Gamerfiend_ said:

Shouldn't cause the issue your having, Try each stick in the one slot you know works, if they both work you may have a RAM slot down, or it may be a dead RAM stick

with just one stick in the third slot it doesent boot, with either ram stick in the 1st slot it boots, and with a ram stick in each 1,3 or 2,4 it doesnt boot