Black Screen under heavy load

OGH2020

Hey guys, I just built my first PC today, and was able to get it running with windows and everything. When I started to play a game and the system was under a heavy load, the screen would go black for like 2 seconds and then go back to normal. I get audio output, and mouse+keyboard input just fine during these black screens but have no idea how to fix it. Any suggestions? Also, earlier today while having this problem I manually went into the BIOS and changed the RAM from 2133mhz to 3000mhz because I wasn't sure why it was showing up as 2133mhz and it was a 3000mhz stick.

My System:

Ryzen 2600

Asus Prime X470-Pro

2x8gbs Corsair DDR4 3000 Cas 15

1tb WD HDD

500gb Samsung 860 Evo w/ Windows installed

XFX RX580 8gb

Meshify C, stock fan (1 front intake, 1 back exhaust)

EVGA 750W Supernova G3

Acer 144hz 1080p Freesync monitor

Thank you!

Edit: AMD Ryzen 2600 is on the stock cooler, and the only thing I did to the fans in the system is "optimized" them in the BIOS.

What game? High vs Low settings?

Do you have 2 monitors? Pull up Task Manager and see what component is maxing out when it goes black.

I'm sure you did... but just in case... did you install the newest drivers for your RX580? This doesn't sound like a heat issue, but you could take a glance at your CPU temp while gaming to determine if it's runner hotter than it should be.

6 hours ago, Braditanium said:

What game? High vs Low settings?

Do you have 2 monitors? Pull up Task Manager and see what component is maxing out when it goes black.

1 hour ago, mchgrms said:

I'm sure you did... but just in case... did you install the newest drivers for your RX580? This doesn't sound like a heat issue, but you could take a glance at your CPU temp while gaming to determine if it's runner hotter than it should be.

Problem just solved, there was an issue with my display port cable, so I switched to HDMI and have had no issues. thank you for the responses