Nvidia Control Panel Never Installed?

JumpStream

Hey guys, title, recently realised I couldn't find Nvidia Control Panel while attempting to mod some older games, would really appreciate the help. I'm running a 1080 ti if that helps to narrow down the issue.

Download and install the latest Nvidia game ready driver, it will install it for you as part of the suite.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

11 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Download and install the latest Nvidia game ready driver, it will install it for you as part of the suite.

I've since done this but still no Control Panel, and when trying to download the driver independently of Nvidia Geforce Experience, I receive an error message during the system check, telling me the standard driver is not compatible with this version of windows. I have Windows 10 64bit.

3 minutes ago, JumpStream said:

I've since done this but still no Control Panel, and when trying to download the driver independently of Nvidia Geforce Experience, I receive an error message during the system check, telling me the standard driver is not compatible with this version of windows. I have Windows 10 64bit.

Sounds like you're running a really old build of Windows.

Click Start, open Settings > System > About. What version and build does it say? If you're unsure take a screenshot and post it.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Sounds like you're running a really old build of Windows.

Click Start, open Settings > System > About. What version and build does it say? If you're unsure take a screenshot and post it.

Capture.PNG.f7291e858fc90d3d567d9a3ea78d4b60.PNG344128279_Capture2.PNG.e85c221f2254baff6283ee3fa220a4cc.PNG

Just now, JumpStream said:

Capture.PNG.f7291e858fc90d3d567d9a3ea78d4b60.PNG344128279_Capture2.PNG.e85c221f2254baff6283ee3fa220a4cc.PNG

That's fine... I have no idea why the driver won't install.

I hate to recommend this but could you try installing Geforce Experience, logging in and having that update the driver.

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

That's fine... I have no idea why the driver won't install.

I hate to recommend this but could you try installing Geforce Experience, logging in and having that update the driver.

Reinstalled Geforce Experience and it tells me my driver is up to date. Tried Reinstalling the driver via Geforce Experience and still nothing :/

Just to be 100% sure, if you right click on your desktop there's no option that says Nvidia Control Panel?

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Just to be 100% sure, if you right click on your desktop there's no option that says Nvidia Control Panel?

Yeah no option940436313_Untitled(2).png.77346b3392cc6d7772c47fdf474b0c7d.png

OK then...

First uninstall the entire Nvidia suite including Geforce Experience

Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it

Click OK to reboot into safe mode

Run DDU again

Select Nvidia

Click Clean & Reboot

Wait until your system reboots

Install Geforce Experience and log in

Download the latest driver

When prompted to install click Custom Install

Make sure everything is ticked

Install

That should resolve it.

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

OK then...

First uninstall the entire Nvidia suite including Geforce Experience

Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it

Click OK to reboot into safe mode

Run DDU again

Select Nvidia

Click Clean & Reboot

Wait until your system reboots

Install Geforce Experience and log in

Download the latest driver

When prompted to install click Custom Install

Make sure everything is ticked

Install

That should resolve it.

What is included in the Nvidia Suite besides Experience?

I've had this issue just yesterday. Here's how I solved it:

First, go to Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings.

Then go to Hardware > Device Installation Settings. Tick "No (your device might not work as intended)". This will disable automatic driver updates from Windows Update.

Then uninstall Geforce Experience and download latest drivers from Nvidia's website.

Download DDU and boot into safe mode. Use DDU to uninstall everything Nvidia related.

Then boot normally and install your Nvidia drivers without Windows Update getting in your way. You should have your Nvidia Control Panel when the installation is complete.

Edit: The reason Nvidia's system check fails is because of the iGPU. Repeating the steps above will let you install the drivers without the compatibility error.

How exactly do I boot DDU into safe mode?

Download DDU and extract it to a folder. Then restart your computer while holding Shift. Select "Startup Options". Then when the computer turns on, press the button that relates to Safe Mode. Then just run DDU and uninstall your Nvidia stuff with it.

Just now, MysteriousAeon said:

Download DDU and extract it to a folder. Then restart your computer while holding Shift. Select "Startup Options". Then when the computer turns on, press the button that relates to Safe Mode. Then just run DDU and uninstall your Nvidia stuff with it.

Thank you, I'll try this

23 minutes ago, MysteriousAeon said:

So Ive followed the steps, but once i start to install, i get an error on the installerCapture3.PNG.f74479c00ee5be943f63414e42b85eb2.PNG

So Ive followed the steps, but once i start to install, i get an error on the installerCapture3.PNG.f74479c00ee5be943f63414e42b85eb2.PNG

That's weird. Try running the installer as administrator and make sure you got the right drivers for your GPU.

4 minutes ago, MysteriousAeon said:

That's weird. Try running the installer as administrator and make sure you got the right drivers for your GPU.

I got the error again, is it worth installing an older driver and trying?

I got the error again, is it worth installing an older driver and trying?

Go ahead and try, it's better than nothing.

1 minute ago, JumpStream said:

so i got the same error even with the older driver

That's really weird... I would try re-installing Geforce Experience and installing the driver from there as a last resort but I don't think that'll give you the Control Panel. Better than not having a driver though. You should also re-enable the Windows Update thingy after completing your installation.

Check out Nvidia Inspector if you can't find a way to get your Control Panel.

Yeah tried via nvidia geforce experience, i now have drivers but no control panel still, very perplexing

Yeah tried via nvidia geforce experience, i now have drivers but no control panel still, very perplexing

Here's a download link for the "Control Panel Client". Put it in C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation and see if it works when you launch nvcplui.exe.

https://lithi.io/file/61304a.7z

2 minutes ago, MysteriousAeon said:

Here's a download link for the "Control Panel Client". Put it in C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation and see if it works when you launch nvcplui.exe.

https://lithi.io/file/61304a.7z

Thank you SO MUCH

It worked

To clarify it doesnt appear when i right click but it can be accessed now