Wi-Fi network solution needed

mic_max
Go to solution Solved by Quagmaire,

Yes that is easily done. What I would recommend is setting up the second router as a repeater. There should be a setting for this in the settings menu. This will allow for seamless switching and your device will think that it is one network 

Here is a link for a simple guide that you can use to follow .

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/network-wifi/router-repeater-3633135/

This will depend on the brand that you have but they should all roughly follow the same process of setting this up.

Hello, in my house we have 2 routers and 2 Wi-Fi networks. One for upstairs and one for downstairs, now you could already imagine that this is quite annoying, because you keep having to switch (and our phones are slow at automaticly switching). I thought that maybe we could make it into 1 network over 2 routers, will this work? and if not; what could be another solution? *We dont want to buy new phones or routers*

Yes that is easily done. What I would recommend is setting up the second router as a repeater. There should be a setting for this in the settings menu. This will allow for seamless switching and your device will think that it is one network 

Here is a link for a simple guide that you can use to follow .

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/network-wifi/router-repeater-3633135/

This will depend on the brand that you have but they should all roughly follow the same process of setting this up.

Okay so my problem was simply fixed; I searched some specifications of my router and did the following:wifi2.PNG.05dd84710c1048cc0c00c264ecb36e6e.PNGwifi.PNG.07885a0e557c8991b096cfc733f121e8.PNG

3 minutes ago, mic_max said:

Okay so my problem was simply fixed; I searched some specifications of my router and did the following:wifi2.PNG.05dd84710c1048cc0c00c264ecb36e6e.PNGwifi.PNG.07885a0e557c8991b096cfc733f121e8.PNG

Ah right okay