Can't seem to access bios

Conner4423

I need to get into my bios to do a bios update. I have a gigabyte b360m ds3h motherboard. Whenever I push del, while in post, my screen just stays black, neither bios or windows boot. So then I tried going to bios by going through uefi settings in windows, and same thing, a black screen. Also, this is a fairly new PC, and I haven't entered the bios since I installed windows. Any help would be appreciated.

Try mashing DEL after you turned the PC on and if nothing comes up press your restart button and try again.

My old Z170A board had a quirk like that but, it went away after a while.

If you just need to update the BIOS you can press END while the system boots to enter the Q-Flash menu.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

I just read the manual for your board

To access the BIOS Setup program, press the <Delete> key during the POST when the power is turned on.

So it is Delete. However, you have a dual BIOS board. So maybe try F2 to switch modes.

There are two different BIOS modes as follows and you can use the <F2> key to switch between the two modes. The Classic Setup mode provides detailed BIOS settings. You can press the arrow keys on your keyboard to move among the items and press <Enter>  to accept or enter a sub-menu.

EDIT: Further reading of the manual suggests F2 only works when actually in the BIOS. I had misunderstood the marketing and wording of the manual. As Cyberspirit suggests, the END key during post will bring you right to the Q-Flash utility.

When I press the end key, the same thing happens. The screen just stays black, then I have to power It off and on again just to get back to windows.

Does your cpu have an igpu? If so, I'm wondering if it's set in the BIOS to only display to that. So maybe try unplugging your gpu and plugging your monitor into your mobo's graphics output.

9 minutes ago, Conner4423 said:

When I press the end key, the same thing happens. The screen just stays black, then I have to power It off and on again just to get back to windows.

Try clearing CMOS and see if that helps.

Here's how you do it:

1. Turn off your PC completely
  2. Unplug the power cord from your PC
  3. Then, you either remove the Battery (This thing ) or, you can short the CLR_CMOS (This one) jumper on the motherboard with a metal screwdriver. Both will work just fine.
  4. After that waiting like 5-10 seconds, you can put the battery back (If you removed it) then, plug everything back in and try to get into your BIOS.

12 minutes ago, Conner4423 said:

Nice, what ended up being the solution?