Can't Install Windows 10

lukemcfc

Hi there, 

I built a new PC today......it has an M.2 SSD and I put in a HDD 500GB that has Windows 10 on it, I can't find a 4GB USB to install Windows onto the M.2 Drive so how could I do this?

Thanks in advance and merry christmas :)

If the Hard drive already has Windows 10 on it. Boot into it and download Clonezilla. It allows you to copy contents from one drive to another. You could copy just the system partition. There are lots of tutorials to do this on YouTube.

You have 2 options. If you have stuff on the hard drive that is necessary and your m.2 SSD is at least 500gb, then clone the entire hard drive onto the m.2 drive. The other option is to reformat the hard drive to become the Windows 10 installer itself to install Windows onto your m.2

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

Just now, lukemcfc said:

@Tarun10 @Airdragonz

Thanks for the help guys........how can I make the hard drive become the installer.

Not sure about that but I think you need to make a partition of sufficient size and then format in into FAT32 and install Windows Installation media onto it like a USB Drive.

Just now, Tarun10 said:

Not sure about that but I think you need to make a partition of sufficient size and then format in into FAT32 and install Windows Installation media onto it like a USB Drive.

Okay thanks, I dont know how to put the Win10 install media onto the partition though...

8 minutes ago, lukemcfc said:

Okay thanks, I dont know how to put the Win10 install media onto the partition though...

How big is your SSD??

3 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

I am hopelessly stuck. I can't find a good video explaining this.

Yeah, I'm the same, thanks for the effort.

This video explains it and the software seems free as well. Just follow this. If you can't copy all partitions then copy just C and later transfer important files. But once your SSD has Windows and is working fine you will have to format your Hard drive by wiping all data on it and this is where you might need to copy your data onto your ssd before you format.

31 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

This video explains it and the software seems free as well. Just follow this. If you can't copy all partitions then copy just C and later transfer important files. But once your SSD has Windows and is working fine you will have to format your Hard drive by wiping all data on it and this is where you might need to copy your data onto your ssd before you format.

Thanks mate, have a wonderful christmas!

@Tarun10

Thank you so much I got that working! If you don't mind there is one more thing that I am trying to do.....I have 3 HDD's connected to the computer and I want to put them in RAID to make them 1.5 TB (they're 500GB each) and the Storage Spaces method isn't working. I only know how do do RAID on Win7 not Win10. Thank you for helping me out.

Kind Regards,

Luke 

8 hours ago, lukemcfc said:

@Tarun10

Thank you so much I got that working! If you don't mind there is one more thing that I am trying to do.....I have 3 HDD's connected to the computer and I want to put them in RAID to make them 1.5 TB (they're 500GB each) and the Storage Spaces method isn't working. I only know how do do RAID on Win7 not Win10. Thank you for helping me out.

Kind Regards,

Luke 

You want Raid 0??

11 hours ago, lukemcfc said:

Thanks mate, have a wonderful christmas!

Thanks Merry Christmas to you too.