Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RAM overclock

rares495

Hi guys. First of all, I apologize if there's a discussion topic about this - I couldn't find it. Didn't really want to make a new topic just to ask this, but i've been banned from Discord for being too helpful so here we go.

So I've tweaked my Vengeance LPX kit from 2400 CL16 to 2933 16-18-18-36 1.35V and left prime95 running w/ custom settings on 1 thread and 10gb used for around 8.5 hours without getting any warnings or errors.

Is it safe to say that the memory is 100% stable or should I have left prime running for longer? Maybe 24 hours? Maybe on more cpu threads, does that make a difference?

Ryzen 5 2600 3.9Ghz all cores 1.175V | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | 16GB ADATA Gammix D10 @ 3000C16 | Sapphire RX 5700 XT Pulse | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB & 2x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Super Flower Leadex II 650W | Phanteks P350X

Asus VG245HE 24" 1080p 75hz | Logitech X-540 5.1 | Logitech G710+ MX Brown | Logitech G502 Hero | Logitech G440

Should be fine, even if you let it run 24hours in memtest and it passes it doesn't mean its "100%" stable, memtest is best as detecting faulty individual sticks of ram, i guess if you really want to test some more you can ran several cinebench runs and some Prime95 tests, but your real next stage (aka test) is to use it daily and see if its stable or not, welcome to the "joys" of overclocking, in the end it can pass all the tests in the world and fail during daily usage, with overclocking only time will tell, especially memory overclocking which is even more sensitive.