help overheating issue

ScArEdDeMoN404

my laptop when gaming gets up 90c to 95c

it is a hp pavilion gaming laptop 15-cx0xxx

is it safe for it to get that hot?

if not how can i cool it down?

Though that is hot, and probably thermal throttling, it doesn't seem outlandish for a laptop to get that hot. Macbooks are good example of this. Or really any thin and light. I couldn't find exact details on the machine you listed, but I did see other users having the same temps and concerns as you so it may indeed just be normal.

It shouldn't be getting that hot considering the thickness of it... You can try undervolting with intel XTU which should reduce temps significantly.

9 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

Though that is hot, and probably thermal throttling, it doesn't seem outlandish for a laptop to get that hot. Macbooks are good example of this. Or really any thin and light. I couldn't find exact details on the machine you listed, but I did see other users having the same temps and concerns as you so it may indeed just be normal.

i looked up my cpu (intel core i5-8300h) and it said max temp is 100c so i got scared cuz tho it wasn't hiting 100c it was riding a little below and that didnt seem healthy to me.

A quick jog around the net brought me to that machine, and very similar ones where people report it gets hot but doesn't seem to be under performing. It's likely the cpu is turboing itself giving you higher clocks but more heat. I agree with Overbuilder, the machine is a bit thick and you'd think it would have good cooling, but I don't see much in the way of vents honestly. Edit: now that I looked at its ass, it does have decent vents in the rear. The temps seem to be normal (at least from the quick research I did).

I just had a thought. What is the laptop on when you use it? You should never use a laptop on a soft surface, such as pillow, blanket, or couch, the fabric will conform the chassis and block the intakes and suffocate it. As well, what is your ambient room temp?

17 minutes ago, TempestCatto said:

I just had a thought. What is the laptop on when you use it? You should never use a laptop on a soft surface, such as pillow, blanket, or couch, the fabric will conform the chassis and block the intakes and suffocate it. As well, what is your ambient room temp?

i have it lifted on a laptop stand

the room temp is about 70f