Huge Delay When Loading Webpages?

Snikerdoodlz
Go to solution Solved by Snikerdoodlz,

I just figured it out! Since it appeared to only be a problem with Google searches, I had to consider what, if anything, affects searches. I went to my antivirus software, BitDefender, and turned off "Search Advisor," which checks web searches for virulence. I turned it off and now Google searches are snappy!

I have a Gigabyte Aero 14 (i7-7700HQ and 1060) that I bought used with no RAM or SSD. I installed my own parts and loaded Windows by imaging a friend's drive from another Aero and resetting Windows on my own laptop. Everything works fine, except now, when I load webpages in any browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Edge), there is a noticeable and rather annoying 5-second delay before anything shows up. I didn't have this problem on my previous laptop, an MSI GS43VR. This problem persists regardless of whether I am on Wi-Fi or wired connection or whether I have connected peripherals or using by itself on battery or connected to power. In power management, I have set wireless to "maximum performance" on battery and plugged in.

I've tried resetting winsock and flushing DNS via cmd and installing new WLAN and LAN drivers from Gigabyte's website, but to no avail. Swapping the RAM and SSD don't do anything, either.

As of today (December 19), Windows Update says that I am up to date.

Any idea what causes this problem and how I can fix it?

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

just a wild thought: try setting your dns to this

it might just help

Nope. Changing my IPv4 DNS address to those does not help, either.

Hit F12 in Chrome and check out the "Network" tab to see the timing of the documents loading to see if there are any noticeable slowdowns

75% of what I say is sarcastic

So is the rest probably

5 hours ago, myselfolli said:

Hit F12 in Chrome and check out the "Network" tab to see the timing of the documents loading to see if there are any noticeable slowdowns

I played around with different webpages, and it seems like only Google searches take excessively long. Other webpages like eBay or Amazon or Craigslist take only around 200ms (at most 1s) for TTFB (time to first byte) of the initial elements, but Google searches take upwards of 4 or 5 seconds for the first element to load, which is definitely noticeable. The first element, which I think is the webpage itself (since it starts with search?safe=strict and is the same as the URL) of Google searches, not the Google homepage, take excessively long.

I just figured it out! Since it appeared to only be a problem with Google searches, I had to consider what, if anything, affects searches. I went to my antivirus software, BitDefender, and turned off "Search Advisor," which checks web searches for virulence. I turned it off and now Google searches are snappy!