VRM

Gorge

I have and I seven 7700 K 

It runs at 3.80 GHz  normally it will be at 4.20 and turbo 4.50

Is it OK to run it at a lower speed to have it not heat up as much? And will this help VRM temperatures?

You shouldn't have to worry about temperatures if you're running at stock speeds...

Undervolting will help you with VRM temperature more than underclocking.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Yes, downclocking and undervolting will reduce your temperatures. However, if you have to lower temperatures at stock settings, then there is an issue with your cooling.

Even overclocked to 5Ghz @ 1.35v, the 7700k is not going to be pulling enough current to thermal throttle the VRM.

2 minutes ago, Gorge said:

I have and I seven 7700 K 

It runs at 3.80 GHz  normally it will be at 4.20 and turbo 4.50

Is it OK to run it at a lower speed to have it not heat up as much? And will this help VRM temperatures?

Running at stock speeds will never hurt the system, no matter what they are.  It's when people go to extremes in overclocking is when you got to keep a close eye on temps.  I run my system at 4.113 stock and don't have any problems with heat and it works fine.  Probably won't notice much of a difference anyway.

4 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

You shouldn't have to worry about temperatures if you're running at stock speeds...

Undervolting will help you with VRM temperature more than underclocking.

OK thanks 

4 hours ago, badreg said:

Yes, downclocking and undervolting will reduce your temperatures. However, if you have to lower temperatures at stock settings, then there is an issue with your cooling.

Even overclocked to 5Ghz @ 1.35v, the 7700k is not going to be pulling enough current to thermal throttle the VRM.

No my cooling is fine. I was just wondering I think my temperatures are all right as well but I’m not certain All of those red rings are fans is that enough? I can add one more in the top right

945953D2-7136-4150-8BC1-9612895AF4B8.png