Which Surface device should I get?

Hey guys,

I've been browsing for a new windows device, just something small / portable I can travel with and use on the go for general browsing or else just in bed for movies etc. 

Having a gaming PC is great and all but not ideal when its bound to a desk lol.

Surface Go reviews say its too slow to even run chrome with a couple tabs, let alone YouTube so, not ideal I don't think.

But starting at €580 with a keyboard, its certainly a tempting deal ..

Was also looking at a Surface Laptop 2 which starts at $1000, and the Surface Pro 6 without the keyboard which starts at €999 ( w/ the keyboard its more like $1180 )

I like both form factors, but what snags me is the price for what my use case will be, I suppose the extra performance = a better performer say 2-3 years down the line.

Anyway, the price vs my use case is whats pushing me away .. Any suggestions or alternatives?

Otherwise I'll just end up getting the Surface Laptop and possibly kicking myself over better deals lol

Thanks guys

3 minutes ago, Oisdf said:

Hey guys,

I've been browsing for a new windows device, just something small / portable I can travel with and use on the go for general browsing or else just in bed for movies etc. 

Having a gaming PC is great and all but not ideal when its bound to a desk lol.

Surface Go reviews say its too slow to even run chrome with a couple tabs, let alone YouTube so, not ideal I don't think.

But starting at €580 with a keyboard, its certainly a tempting deal ..

Was also looking at a Surface Laptop 2 which starts at $1000, and the Surface Pro 6 without the keyboard which starts at €999 ( w/ the keyboard its more like $1180 )

I like both form factors, but what snags me is the price for what my use case will be, I suppose the extra performance = a better performer say 2-3 years down the line.

Anyway, the price vs my use case is whats pushing me away .. Any suggestions or alternatives?

Otherwise I'll just end up getting the Surface Laptop and possibly kicking myself over better deals lol

Thanks guys

Are you only wanting to getting a Surface device? 

3 minutes ago, shotsfired said:

Are you only wanting to getting a Surface device? 

I just liked their form factor and started there in my search, thin & light or convertible type thing. 

Got a bit stuck when searching elsewhere since the market is so saturated

1 hour ago, Oisdf said:

I just liked their form factor and started there in my search, thin & light or convertible type thing. 

Got a bit stuck when searching elsewhere since the market is so saturated

The real value is used surface tablets. But. There are some good alternatives out there, including thin and light laptops. If you buy surface, I would recommend finding someone selling a barely used one at below retail. Retail isn't usually worth it for these devices. Keep looking at solid alternatives, too. HP even has one. 

Do you really need tablet and stylus? Personally I won't recommend Surface due to reliability concerns and anti consumer behaviour

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

4 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Do you really need tablet and stylus? Personally I won't recommend Surface due to reliability concerns and anti consumer behaviour

Also they are overpriced