Low Fps

Brandeeenie

I have an intel core i7-7700hq, Gpu 1060 6gb, 16gb of ram and 5400 rpm hard drive. My average gpu temp playing Fortnite is around 70-80 degrees Celsius. Resolution is 1920 by 1080. My settings are epic, low, low, low, low, low. And all my software and updates are up to date. Some reason my laptop one day on fortnite has 40-80fps but other days have 60-100fps and other rarely days 80-144fps. Please help

On the days where you have lower FPS are you running other software or browsers in the background? That could lower your performance. You should also check for processes running that you are not aware of. 

Just now, ZFGeek said:

On the days where you have lower FPS are you running other software or browsers in the background? That could lower your performance.

No nothing

Do you move where you game from a day to day basis? Your components could be thermal throttling if you put it on the sofa one day then on a desk the next.

2 minutes ago, ZFGeek said:

Do you move where you game from a day to day basis? Your components could be thermal throttling if you put it on the sofa one day then on a desk the next.

No I do nothing like that it stays on the desktop

Process of elimination...unless it is just irregularities in the servers...That is very odd to have that much difference when you have  near optimal gaming conditions. Sorry I wasn't of any help. :(

Do you know the temps you're getting? Could be thermal throttling.

Who needs fancy graphics and high resolutions when you can get a 60 FPS frame rate on iGPUs?

Have you tried lowering your settings a little more? I know this probably isn't it, but the only other thing we haven't checked is bottlenecking for some reason.  try messing around with different graphics settings and see of it changes. This is more of a long term approach, but it is the last thing I can think of.

Just now, DrDerp said:

Do you know the temps you're getting? Could be thermal throttling.

He said 70-80c in the post, which is below what max temp is for components like that.