Corsair PSUs?

Chronic

So I was planning on upgrading to the ax760 but have read several reports of the units having a coil whine issue. Now most of these posts seemed to be from last year and I haven't read any recent reports of such faults. Is it likely that they have fixed the issue since and the 'newer' units do not have any coil whine? I'm buying for the efficiency, fanless operation and looks.

Also, would this be able to handle a 3570k @ 4.4 and sli 770/780s? I watched the corsair vid from CES where they had a six core and 3 280s pulling only 600w?

Aaaaand lastly, I've repeatedly heard that they have hand selected the components for the RM series and up to cut down on coil whine - does this include the ax series. Because as I understand the ax series is slightly older?

Thanks for your help guys

Any PSU could have Coil whine. Even the RM Series. I would go to 850W for 770s/780s. That's just within my comfort level. I don't want to go and recommend something that your power supply dies, and you get mad at me. You can never be to careful :P

AX series are great power supplies.

Also if you're buying for fabless operation, you're not going to want to cut it that close with a 760W PSU and two 770/780 's.

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Any PSU could indeed have coil whine, and that has especially been the case for a lot of AX powersupplies. My AX1200 was absolutely horrid. Whether or not the new designs have problems I don't know though, but my AX860i was dead silent, nothing to hear there at all.

a good 650W psu can power dual 770 and a decent 750 psu can power dual 780s

I think that with the RM series of PSU you just have less chances of having audible coil whine.  
As for the wattage, I would suggest  something around 750watts. 

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

Any PSU can get coil whine, it is the luck of the draw. It can be caused by itself, or by using it with certain components. Buying a better one can lower your chances. Seasonic is the best brand I have encounter so far.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

Something like RM750 has enough juice for dual gpu.