College question

flamer7

Hey there guys, I've just finished High school, and now I'm going to Australia to do foundations in a college. I am thinking of getting an accounting degree, but can you tell me what subjects I should take in foundations for accounting degree? Like do I need maths? I'm pretty sure I do, but what other subjects do I take? There should be 3-4

Im not trying to sound mean at all so please dont take it that way. But, shouldnt you know what classes you need for the degree you are wanting?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Im not trying to sound mean at all so please dont take it that way. But, shouldnt you know what classes you need for the degree you are wanting?

I.. I'm stupid

ive taken accounting through lvl 1 and 2 ncea (standards in nz) and they dont tell you anything of what you need to take in uni or college...

i can understand why the guy is asking it...

back to op. i would assume you may want a business subject so you know more about how businesses work and business standards.

math/eng - eh if you can speak and do 4+4 on a calc then as far as i can see you will probably be fine lol.

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

also, i dont know how college works over there for you guys but for us in new zealand, for example if i wanted to take law, i could take that, but then i would just select the papers i wanted to do, whether it be criminology or law itself (your given a target score to hit and each paper is worth a certain amount.. usually 7 papers a year per degree your going for)

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

ive taken accounting through lvl 1 and 2 ncea (standards in nz) and they dont tell you anything of what you need to take in uni or college...

i can understand why the guy is asking it because...

back to op. i would assume you may want a business subject so you know more about how businesses work and business standards.

math/eng - eh if you can speak and do 4+4 on a calc then as far as i can see you will probably be fine lol.

For foundations you should choose minimally 3 subjects. So math, and what 2 others?

i can understand why the guy is asking it...

I was just asking. ost courses tell you what you need. i guess accountants are dumb :D

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

I was just asking. ost courses tell you what you need. i guess accountants are dumb :D

No not accountants, just me ehh. What are ost courses?

he meant most lol

tbh i never really ever thought about what subjects id need if i wanted to become a chartered accountant (or accountant in general)...

more interested in hardware and putting computers together

well like my sister is becoming a dr. and they have a very nice kind of path they take where they can choose what they want to do but still have the main courses. 

The funny thing is you can become an accountant without a degree in accounting....

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Where are you from?

If you're not sure about what you want to study, go find out what other degree you can take, there're a lot of people that don't enjoy their college.

"foundations in a college" I am from Australia and i have never heard of it....

Can you provide some more information such as state and where you are looking to study we could help more then :)

"foundations in a college" I am from Australia and i have never heard of it....

Can you provide some more information such as state and where you are looking to study we could help more then :)

http://www.eynesbury.navitas.com/

Where are you from?

If you're not sure about what you want to study, go find out what other degree you can take, there're a lot of people that don't enjoy their college.

I'm from a country near Singapore, but am moving to Australia to study in a week. I'm not exactly sure what to take. I'm not ENTIRELY sure accounting is what I want either, but since 3 people in my family are already as such, I would just follow :/

Hey there guys, I've just finished High school, and now I'm going to Australia to do foundations in a college. I am thinking of getting an accounting degree, but can you tell me what subjects I should take in foundations for accounting degree? Like do I need maths? I'm pretty sure I do, but what other subjects do I take? There should be 3-4

Look at the website of the college you want to go to after you dations or call them. They would be able to help you get in line with programs that could count towards your degree and lighten your workload as well as time at college.

Look at the website of the college you want to go to after you do foundations or call them. They would be able to help you get in line with programs that could count towards your degree and lighten your workload as well as time at college.

I'm from a country near Singapore, but am moving to Australia to study in a week. I'm not exactly sure what to take. I'm not ENTIRELY sure accounting is what I want either, but since 3 people in my family are already as such, I would just follow :/

Malaysia? Indonesia?

Don't do this, my friend did exactly like this (IT dad and brother) while she realize she has no interest in IT as we get into harder chapters. Find out what is your interest first, if it is accounting, then you can make those 3 family members of yours as a support for this degree.

Malaysia? Indonesia?

Don't do this, my friend did exactly like this (IT dad and brother) while she realize she has no interest in IT as we get into harder chapters. Find out what is your interest first, if it is accounting, then you can make those 3 family members of yours as a support for this degree.

Malaysia