System can't POST anymore

MSFLC

Hello.

I got my hands on a cheap  old motherboard (MSI H61M-E23 G3 ) and bought a cheap Intel G630 CPU to match before looking for some higher caliber CPU. I threw in 8gigs of DDR3 and tried to use it..

It worked fine and everything, I could boot into an Ubuntu live USB, could install WIndows 10 and use it for a few days. But suddently it won't post anymore. Slow fan spin, no video output, no led turning on on keyboard. It keeps shutting down and restarting.Sometimes it stays on indefinitely, sometimes it shuts down immediately and to add even more confusion into me sometimes there is a beep code (1 long 2 short). But my mobo manual has barely anything for troubleshooting.

Help ?...

5 minutes ago, MSFLC said:

Hello.

I got my hands on a cheap  old motherboard (MSI H61M-E23 G3 ) and bought a cheap Intel G630 CPU to match before looking for some higher caliber CPU. I threw in 8gigs of DDR3 and tried to use it..

It worked fine and everything, I could boot into an Ubuntu live USB, could install WIndows 10 and use it for a few days. But suddently it won't post anymore. Slow fan spin, no video output, no led turning on on keyboard. It keeps shutting down and restarting.Sometimes it stays on indefinitely, sometimes it shuts down immediately and to add even more confusion into me sometimes there is a beep code (1 long 2 short). But my mobo manual has barely anything for troubleshooting.

Help ?...

Switch power supplies

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I recovered the PSU from my active PC and tried it, no changes.

Could it be the mobo or the cpu is dead ?

12 hours ago, MSFLC said:

Could it be the mobo or the cpu is dead ?

The signs pointed to a bad power supply. If the one you used was good, and you are certain of that, then I'd look into the mobo as being suspect.

Try clearing the BIOS, resetting it to default and updating the BIOS to the latest, see what happens

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Before i did that i tried to throw in a graphics card and after each clear CMOS, I managed to get a video output to access the bios screen ONCE and only ONCE before shutting down and having to clear CMOS again.

I managed to flash the bios to the latest version available  (C3) and now i don't have to flash the CMOS between each reboot. But now i'm facing an other weird issue. when i remove the GPU I no longer have any video output and i hear the 1 long 2 short beep code again. Bad IGPU maybe ? I'm at a complete loss as to what went wrong.