MOTHERBOARD CABLES

Gorge

Hey so is it bad if i pluged the motherboard cables in with force and the cpu 8 plug is on an angel?  Kind of  torquing the Cpu plug the wrong way? 

A0B8111C-8480-4DF6-939B-2DF99E65531B.jpeg

809861D0-89F7-47FC-8662-D40032D0FB1C.jpeg

Seems fine.

If it's actually pulling the mobo, then it's not ideal though.

Edited by Nocte

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

1 minute ago, Nocte said:

Seems fine.

Ok but it can have tension? On the plug? Like on an angel?

Just now, Gorge said:

Ok but it can have tension? On the plug? Like on an angel?

Depends how much tension, but generally it's better to avoid it.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE Mobo: Asus B550-A GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 XC RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200MHz 16CL 4x8GB (DDR4) SSD0: Crucial MX300 525GB SSD1: Samsung QVO 1TB PSU: NZXT C650 Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Monitor: Asus VG259QM (240Hz)

I usually edit my posts immediately after posting them, as I don't check for typos before pressing the shiny SUBMIT button.

Unraid Server

CPU: Ryzen 5 7600 Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S Mobo: Asus B650E-i RAM: Kingston Server Premier ECC 2x32GB (DDR5) SSD: Samsung 980 2x1TB HDD: Toshiba MG09 1x18TB; Toshiba MG08 2x16TB HDD Controller: LSI 9207-8i PSUCorsair SF750 Case: Node 304

15 minutes ago, Gorge said:

Like on an angel

Image result for on an angel

The angle itself is fine, but if the cable is pulling pretty hard on the motherboard it's bad. You don't want to have to flex your power cable or the board.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

Image result for on an angel

The angle itself is fine, but if the cable is pulling pretty hard on the motherboard it's bad. You don't want to have to flex your power cable or the board.

ohhh ok like a gypsy? 

1 hour ago, Nocte said:

Seems fine.

like does it seem fine to you though? when would be to much force? because I want it to last a while. 

13 minutes ago, Gorge said:

ohhh ok like a gypsy? 

?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It doesn't look like there's tension to me.

Unraid Server

20 minutes ago, Nocte said:

OK, what is considered tension? Like a little bit of force pulling it to one side? Or like literally so much to where  it’s actually bending it? sorry I’m new

and thanks btw

22 minutes ago, Nocte said:

Kind of how if you look close, the wires bend to the left? This is fine?

So is there a chance I can damage my mother board. by having a little bit of tension on my motherboard? (where the CPU plugs in)

what I mean is the 8 plug or whatever its called

there is a different between pressure and not using the correct cable or the cable being put on the wrong way

28 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

there is a different between pressure and not using the correct cable or the cable being put on the wrong way

Ok What do you mean?

Hey i just built my first PC build. is it ok if I might have some wires that might be in the wrong spots? I know dumb question. (you shouldn't) but will it hurt anything? it starts up just fine. games fine. thanks!

(Im new to this)

if it works, it works, its only the asethetics if you want to make it look cleaner by plugging them all closer together. If you plugged them in and everything is working, it's fine. Unless it's on the inside. That's a different story

:^)