Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sugesstion for cpu

Hello, 

I am a beginner in python and am mostly using it to do computational programming. I intend to learn about deep learning and machine learning in the future as well. 

I am currently building a new rig and was wondering what kind of cpu I should get. 

 

Since I am beginner I am willing to stick to the low end. BUDGET<$200

 

Does core count really matter in this case? 

Should the programming part play a role in my purchase or not? 

Currently I am considering between i3 8th gen, Ryzen 5 2400g and Ryzen 5 2600

 

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter how good you are at something, it would always be beneficial to you to get something better but then, there is a limit called budget. If you're on tight budget I suggest going for a Ryzen build. If you say what's the budget we can work something out

Motherboard: MSI BM250-PRO-VD           <-- Build 1    Build 2 -->        Motherboard: ASRock Z370M Pro4                     
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700                                                   CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080                                          GPU: Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX660 (Saving money for RTX 2080)
RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2400Mhz                                        RAM: HyperX Predator 16gb DDR4 3000mhz
PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620w Bronze+                                      PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 650W
CPU Cooler: Gammax 400                                                    CPU Cooler: Gammax 400
SSD: Kingston A400 250GB                                                  HDD/SSD: 3 * 1TB WD blue Kingston A400 250GB 
Headphones: HYPERX CLOUD ALPHA                                                                                               Case: Thermaltake V200 RGB
Monitor: LG 24GM77                                                                                                               Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600
CaseFans: 3 140mm                                                                                                                Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8+
HDD: 1TB 7200RPM
Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 500
Phone: Nokia 7 plus



hehe yeaaah boy
https://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/monthly_2018_09/111.PNG.5713b4f39cae3a5badac216b30d99e65.PNG

 

You want to code but don't know how ? (Personal list)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, voiha said:

No matter how good you are at something, it would always be beneficial to you to get something better but then, there is a limit called budget. If you're on tight budget I suggest going for a Ryzen build. If you say what's the budget we can work something out

I have a $500 budget for the whole rig so my cpu shouldn't excede $180-200.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, tobeornottobealttfan said:

I have a $500 budget for the whole rig so my cpu shouldn't excede $180-200.

Then take Ryzen 2600
HyperX Predator 16GB DDR4 3000mhz

ASRock - AB350M Pro4 am4 Micro ATX

Corsair 100R ATX Mid tower
Seasonic Focus Gold plus 550W (to leave room for future upgrades)

Total: Around $382.75 (PCpartpicker)

 

Throw in there used 1060-or 1070 and you'll be able to even game on it - if you can't afford that buy 1030/1050ti
For HDD or SSD it's up to you, there is hardly any difference from day to day use
For SSD's go for the budget Kingston A400 250GB or if you can spend a bit more for Samsung 850/860 Evo

 

Motherboard: MSI BM250-PRO-VD           <-- Build 1    Build 2 -->        Motherboard: ASRock Z370M Pro4                     
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700                                                   CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080                                          GPU: Gigabyte Windforce OC GTX660 (Saving money for RTX 2080)
RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2400Mhz                                        RAM: HyperX Predator 16gb DDR4 3000mhz
PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620w Bronze+                                      PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 650W
CPU Cooler: Gammax 400                                                    CPU Cooler: Gammax 400
SSD: Kingston A400 250GB                                                  HDD/SSD: 3 * 1TB WD blue Kingston A400 250GB 
Headphones: HYPERX CLOUD ALPHA                                                                                               Case: Thermaltake V200 RGB
Monitor: LG 24GM77                                                                                                               Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600
CaseFans: 3 140mm                                                                                                                Phone: Samsung Galaxy S8+
HDD: 1TB 7200RPM
Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 500
Phone: Nokia 7 plus



hehe yeaaah boy
https://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/monthly_2018_09/111.PNG.5713b4f39cae3a5badac216b30d99e65.PNG

 

You want to code but don't know how ? (Personal list)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, voiha said:

Then take Ryzen 2600
HyperX Predator 16GB DDR4 3000mhz

ASRock - AB350M Pro4 am4 Micro ATX

Corsair 100R ATX Mid tower
Seasonic Focus Gold plus 550W (to leave room for future upgrades)

Total: Around $382.75 (PCpartpicker)

 

Throw in there used 1060-or 1070 and you'll be able to even game on it - if you can't afford that buy 1030/1050ti
For HDD or SSD it's up to you, there is hardly any difference from day to day use
For SSD's go for the budget Kingston A400 250GB or if you can spend a bit more for Samsung 850/860 Evo

 

Thank you very much

Is there a big difference between B350 & B450 that I should know about apart from the storeMi technology? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

wait untill CES 2019 in january cause amd new desktop chips will be coming out and they should be a massive boost going from 12nm to 7nm with a rumored clock speed of 5ghz and 16 core 32 threads at 499$ and 8 core 16 threads at 5.1ghz for 299$ so id say wait to see what amd has to offer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Turretgaming said:

wait untill CES 2019 in january cause amd new desktop chips will be coming out and they should be a massive boost going from 12nm to 7nm with a rumored clock speed of 5ghz and 16 core 32 threads at 499$ and 8 core 16 threads at 5.1ghz for 299$ so id say wait to see what amd has to offer.

That is a good plan but in case of 2nd gen Ryzen took a long time after CES.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tobeornottobealttfan said:

That is a good plan but in case of 2nd gen Ryzen took a long time after CES.. 

first gen was available very soon after though so its a 50/50 and with the massive jump it could be worth it. if anything the latest youll see it hit market is like 1-2 months after right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, Turretgaming said:

first gen was available very soon after though so its a 50/50 and with the massive jump it could be worth it. if anything the latest youll see it hit market is like 1-2 months after right?

Yeah but I am in India so it will be few more weeks after that....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tobeornottobealttfan said:

 

Yeah but I am in India so it will be few more weeks after that....

ya your right id say go with a 9700k or a 2700x and call it a day then. both are great but with the 9700k you get 8c/8t and the 2700x you get 8c/16t how ever the 9700k can overclock to 5ghz but the 2700x is hard limited to 4ghz cause the fab they use is tsmc 12nm which cant get more than 4ghz no matter what cause the node and fab style. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Turretgaming said:

ya your right id say go with a 9700k or a 2700x and call it a day then. both are great but with the 9700k you get 8c/8t and the 2700x you get 8c/16t how ever the 9700k can overclock to 5ghz but the 2700x is hard limited to 4ghz cause the fab they use is tsmc 12nm which cant get more than 4ghz no matter what cause the node and fab style. 

Hmm.... thanks for the advice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×