Sugesstion for cpu

Hello, 

I am a beginner in python and am mostly using it to do computational programming. I intend to learn about deep learning and machine learning in the future as well. 

I am currently building a new rig and was wondering what kind of cpu I should get. 

Since I am beginner I am willing to stick to the low end. BUDGET<$200

Does core count really matter in this case? 

Should the programming part play a role in my purchase or not? 

Currently I am considering between i3 8th gen, Ryzen 5 2400g and Ryzen 5 2600

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

No matter how good you are at something, it would always be beneficial to you to get something better but then, there is a limit called budget. If you're on tight budget I suggest going for a Ryzen build. If you say what's the budget we can work something out

5 minutes ago, voiha said:

No matter how good you are at something, it would always be beneficial to you to get something better but then, there is a limit called budget. If you're on tight budget I suggest going for a Ryzen build. If you say what's the budget we can work something out

I have a $500 budget for the whole rig so my cpu shouldn't excede $180-200.

16 minutes ago, tobeornottobealttfan said:

I have a $500 budget for the whole rig so my cpu shouldn't excede $180-200.

Then take Ryzen 2600
HyperX Predator 16GB DDR4 3000mhz

ASRock - AB350M Pro4 am4 Micro ATX

Corsair 100R ATX Mid tower
Seasonic Focus Gold plus 550W (to leave room for future upgrades)

Total: Around $382.75 (PCpartpicker)

Throw in there used 1060-or 1070 and you'll be able to even game on it - if you can't afford that buy 1030/1050ti
For HDD or SSD it's up to you, there is hardly any difference from day to day use
For SSD's go for the budget Kingston A400 250GB or if you can spend a bit more for Samsung 850/860 Evo

10 minutes ago, voiha said:

Then take Ryzen 2600
HyperX Predator 16GB DDR4 3000mhz

ASRock - AB350M Pro4 am4 Micro ATX

Corsair 100R ATX Mid tower
Seasonic Focus Gold plus 550W (to leave room for future upgrades)

Total: Around $382.75 (PCpartpicker)

Throw in there used 1060-or 1070 and you'll be able to even game on it - if you can't afford that buy 1030/1050ti
For HDD or SSD it's up to you, there is hardly any difference from day to day use
For SSD's go for the budget Kingston A400 250GB or if you can spend a bit more for Samsung 850/860 Evo

Thank you very much

Is there a big difference between B350 & B450 that I should know about apart from the storeMi technology? 

wait untill CES 2019 in january cause amd new desktop chips will be coming out and they should be a massive boost going from 12nm to 7nm with a rumored clock speed of 5ghz and 16 core 32 threads at 499$ and 8 core 16 threads at 5.1ghz for 299$ so id say wait to see what amd has to offer.

2 minutes ago, Turretgaming said:

wait untill CES 2019 in january cause amd new desktop chips will be coming out and they should be a massive boost going from 12nm to 7nm with a rumored clock speed of 5ghz and 16 core 32 threads at 499$ and 8 core 16 threads at 5.1ghz for 299$ so id say wait to see what amd has to offer.

That is a good plan but in case of 2nd gen Ryzen took a long time after CES.. 

1 minute ago, tobeornottobealttfan said:

That is a good plan but in case of 2nd gen Ryzen took a long time after CES.. 

first gen was available very soon after though so its a 50/50 and with the massive jump it could be worth it. if anything the latest youll see it hit market is like 1-2 months after right?

3 minutes ago, Turretgaming said:

first gen was available very soon after though so its a 50/50 and with the massive jump it could be worth it. if anything the latest youll see it hit market is like 1-2 months after right?

Yeah but I am in India so it will be few more weeks after that....

5 minutes ago, tobeornottobealttfan said:

Yeah but I am in India so it will be few more weeks after that....

ya your right id say go with a 9700k or a 2700x and call it a day then. both are great but with the 9700k you get 8c/8t and the 2700x you get 8c/16t how ever the 9700k can overclock to 5ghz but the 2700x is hard limited to 4ghz cause the fab they use is tsmc 12nm which cant get more than 4ghz no matter what cause the node and fab style. 

3 minutes ago, Turretgaming said:

ya your right id say go with a 9700k or a 2700x and call it a day then. both are great but with the 9700k you get 8c/8t and the 2700x you get 8c/16t how ever the 9700k can overclock to 5ghz but the 2700x is hard limited to 4ghz cause the fab they use is tsmc 12nm which cant get more than 4ghz no matter what cause the node and fab style. 

Hmm.... thanks for the advice.