I have a Memory Problem!!

So, I recently put in some new RAM into my computer.  G.Skills Trident Z RGB 3600 18CAS RAM 16 Gigs (2x8)

Since I put them in, my system has been a little off.  Sometimes upon boot up, it'll shut off and reboot automatically.  It'll do this anywhere from one to five times before it finally boots up properly.  Games crash at random.  

I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and it says I have a memory problem and to contact the computer manufacturer.  Is there a way to fix this, or is the RAM faulty?

System: 

Ryzen 1700X CPU

MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon Mobo

I have the RAM setting in the BIOS to the recommended speed, timing and voltage.   

Is that RAM on the QVL for your motherboard? First-gen Ryzen motherboards--especially MSIs--were a pain in the ass about which RAM they'd take and which they wouldn't.

If your RAM speed is set to 3600, try dropping it to 3200 and see if that helps.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Is that RAM on the QVL for your motherboard? First-gen Ryzen motherboards--especially MSIs--were a pain in the ass about which RAM they'd take and which they wouldn't.

If your RAM speed is set to 3600, try dropping it to 3200 and see if that helps.

Or rather under 3000mhz, the first round of ryzen processors were a total bitch to get above 3000mhz successfully 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

Or rather under 3000mhz, the first round of ryzen processors were a total bitch to get above 3000mhz successfully 

I was able to get to 3200MHz on AsRock boards pretty consistently, although it took some really janky voltages and really bad timings on their lower-end boards to do it. Ditto ASUS, never had a problem getting to 3200. MSI boards were just a bitch in general for RAM compatibility. Even if it was B-Die on the QVL, there was no guarantee it would actually POST.

I made a point of avoiding Gigabyte boards after my original AB350M-Gaming 3 turned out to be a total pile of shit with more money spent on integrated RGB than on the damn VRMs. For what it's worth, the Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 RAM I bought for that board had to be run at 2800, because it refused to POST at 3000 no matter what I did.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hey thanks everyone.  Dropping the speed down to 3000 seemed to do the trick.