Server case recommendations

Aaron_nad

Hey all, I've currently got a NAS at home that is being used for a lot of things, currently has 16TB of data in it on 4 HDD's, I'll be looking at expanding this, i want to move away from the average PC case and use a rack-mount case. I'll be looking at getting it on rails at some point, any suggestions on what to get.
Requirements are that it needs support for redundant power; It needs to be able to hold a minimum of 8 3.5" HDD's, preferably 12; support MATX motherboards, be able to house PCIE cards for a 10GB NIC.

All suggestions welcome, Price range is £150-175, 190-225 USD, 255-295 Can, 165-200 Euro for the case.

How much storage are you looking for, because you should only really use a rack mounted if you use a lot of storage

I'll be looking on utilising all 8 bays with 10TB HDD's, If i had 12 bays, I'd be filling them all up. I've got a rack at home that i Utilise already, which has a 7U height spare. Currently got other stuff mounted in their, this is way to condense what i currently have now as well as be able to expand it out in future. Just ideally looking for a case recommendation that fits the above - still looking around now, but a lot of case aren't hot swapable drive enclosures.

Just now, barondeau said:

So just a case, Doesn't have to have Hot-Swappable Drives but would be nice?

Correct, would prefer hot swap, but a nicely laid out case with the support for a minimum of 8 drives will do. I've got some parts already and would spec out the rest

If that is too much you can also look on ebay for servers on the cheap, I once got a Dell PowerShell 500 for under $100, with 8 hotswappable drives, it was missing the sleds for two of them tho