Dead mobo?

Have been having issues with what I thought was my CPU (Ryzen) for ages (randomly not booting until I clear cmos'd and lowered clock speed to very low numbers) until a week ago my computer just ceased to boot whatsoever. The fans spin up and such but the screen just stays black (even after removing all hdds/graphics card/all but one ram stick). Using my friend's fully functional CPU and ram in my motherboard gives the same result, and using my CPU in his works fine. I'm pretty new to troubleshooting hardware issues - would y'all agree that this looks like a dead motherboard? Is there anything else I could do to try to save it before I drop some cash on a new one? Thanks :)!

EDIT: almost forgot! It's an ASRock AB350

- Räbo

I doubt you can fix it seeing as it's dead as a dodo.

I think it's a goner tbh.

In my personal experience, most motherboard issues have come down to a bent cpu pin or broken capacitor. Have you checked the capacitors aren't bulging and that there are no bent pins? Also, could the cpu be overheating? Is your cooler plugged in and working and dealing with the heat? Another idea is to see if you can try borrowing someone else's power supply as you might've gotten unlucky with a bad power supply.

My Setup

Intel® Core™ i5-4590||Asrock Z97 Extreme4||8GB HyperX Fury 1600MHz DDR3||EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti HYBRID GAMING||NZXT H700i Matte Black/Blue||WD Green 240GB SSD||WD Blue 2TB HDD||Corsair CX550M||ASUS VG248QE 24" 144 Hz 1080p||Corsair Hydro Series H60 (2018)||Corsair K70||Corsair Gaming GLAIVE RGB||HyperX Cloud Stinger||Windows 10 Pro 64-bit