Help! Mobo/Gpu output nothing..

Put together a system last month, r5 2600, msi b450 gaming carbon pro AC, g.skill trident z 16gb (2x8), Sapphire nitro+ rx580 8gb, 240 gb boot ssd and 1 tb HD.  All was well and I was happy. Until I got a new monitor. A viewsonic vp2468, it was on sale somewhere for 160 cad. This monitor came with a displayport cable so I decided to use it, but got stuttering on the display. Then I tried an hdmi and it worked fine. So I went through troubleshooting with viewsonic and they seemed to think it was their monitor, so I RMAed the monitor for a brand new one, which was kind of nice since the first was an open box/return item. But it had the same problem. So I found another pc with displayport to test the monitor and it was fine. 

At this point I was pretty sure it was the gpu, so contacted both amd and sapphire for troubleshooting. Sapphire just said RMA it, but I would have to pay shipping. Wanting to try some things before doing that I followed AMD's directions on running system checks and such. Finally I got to reinstalling c++ redists, and this is where I had issues. While doing a restart after an install I got a blue screen saying windows had an error and had to restart, it did but after that I got no video at all. No msi logo, no uefi when pressing delete during startup not even the blue screen. But it seemed to be running fine. I tried different outputs even the displayport ones, but nothing. So tried the mothe board outputs and nothing. I pulled the gpu out and tried the motherboard outputs again and nothing.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I'd really like to at least just get the motherboard outputs working and make sure the rest of the pc is still fine.

I can tell you that the mobo should give you no graphics output, because the 2600 doesnt come with a igpu, but thats all

The R5 2600 doesn't have integrated graphics so the motherboard outputs will not work. Try putting in a different graphics card.

Ah, ok. I thought it just wouldn't be able to display anything demanding. I don't have another gpu to test.. I guess I'll have to do the rma, and hope it all works fine with the new one. Thanks for the fyi.

I'm a little worried about the blue screen, should I be?