some upgrades

Acid Panda
Go to solution Solved by LukeSavenije,

I would wait for the 7nm zen2 chips if I were you. a 6700k isn't worth it to upgrade rn

I have a 6700k at 4.6 ghz. I was considering upgrading the CPU and with all the newsest cpu's out they are all biased off the original skylake chip. with a few improvements and refinements made to them.

So the question is, its it worth getting a new cpu or is the benefit just not worth it and i should wait for the new 7nm process to arrive.

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

I would wait for the 7nm zen2 chips if I were you. a 6700k isn't worth it to upgrade rn

i thought zen3 was coming next

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, it's ryzen 3. but zen 2. It's the argitecture, not the chip series

ah gotcha

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.