Caselabs M8 Question

xIHexIx

Does anybody have any experience with the Caselabs Magnum M8 and E-ATX motherboards? The product page doesn't list EATX, and youtube reviews I've seen say an EATX just won't fit, but I've seen a few pictures of people using this case with my motherboard (Maximus V Extreme) but I can't tell if it blocks the tray. My temporary NZXT Phantom only has 8 PCI slots like the M8 does, but I don't want to get the M8 and then not be able to use it's sliding tray and have to try to switch cases to the M10, I'd rather just get the right one the first time.

Does anybody have (or has had this case) and know how it works with the E-ATX boards?

Asus X550CA-DB51: 15.6" @ 1366x768, i5-3337U @1.8, 8gb RAM, Intel 4000 Graphics, 750gb HDD

Not sure about that - but have you emailed them? I have heard they are really good about getting back to people on questions and support.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I actually haven't emailed them because I have a lot of emails being passed between Amazon, Steam, Paypal, and two different bank accounts trying to locate money and refunds, was hoping somebody here had experience with it.

If they don't however, I have no problem sending them an email tonight before I head to bed. I'm sure they would have responded by the time I get out of class tomorrow afternoon.

Asus X550CA-DB51: 15.6" @ 1366x768, i5-3337U @1.8, 8gb RAM, Intel 4000 Graphics, 750gb HDD

Contact Airdeano or however you spell his name here on the forums. He's from the OC3D forums and from what I've seen has a fair bit of experience with CaseLabs cases. He is also from the OC3D forums and I believe knows TTL quite well so you should find your answers fairly easily.

Thanks guys. I sent Airdeano a PM.

In case anybody else is interested in this some point, I got the OK from both Airdeano and from Caselabs. I sent them a message last night before bed like I said I would.

Airdeano let me know that E-ATX is fine (After his little brain slip, no problem about that by the way, I had both by the time I woke up :P), but XL-ATX won't be fitting, which I figured it wouldn't.

Caselabs sent me this:

Hello,

The reason we don’t list EATX specifically is that a true EATX board is 12.00†x 13.00â€. However, most enthusiast boards (such as the RIVE) are much smaller than that. Our tray is 12..00†x 10.75†so the RIVE will have no problem fitting.

Since that is the tray size, and the MVE comes in at 12x10.7", the M8 will be an almost exact fit.

Thanks for the help guys. Once I get this I'll take my build log from overclock.net and move it over here, and add in stripping it down and moving it over and talk about the cooling I want to do.

An edit: I sent a PM to a guy on the RoG forums that had the same combo as well, had forgot about him until I got the email about a PM just now.

Hey xIHexIx, I don't mind at all dude. That was a concern I had when I was planning my build too. Almost went with the M10 just to be safe. But I did not have any problems with my MVE board

sliding into the case. I installed the board, cpu, memory, and gpu onto the tray and it went right in without a problem. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to future proof a little and get the M10 though.

Hope that helps.

was that Jim from CaseLabs? he's sooo cool and down-to-earth. yeah, I was sooo groggie

when i answered your message and flew outta bed to correct my message.

if there is no XL-ATX board on your horizon, stay M8, but if you got the i-gotta-get-me some

attitude (makes me crazy and broker) then slip into the M10 for ease of comfort. only diff

i see is the upper portion of the mobo tray is extended from the top of the tray to accommodate

XL-ATX.

airdeano

It wasn't Jim actually, it was Carla, but I have heard a lot of good things about Jim and have figured him to be a pretty good guy.

I've dealt with Mike of Lutro0-Customs and Nils from MDPC though, and I can say that both of them are really good guys too. I love when I can contact CS for a company and get people like this that are easy to talk to and get along with, especially when it comes to large purchases like these when they are more than willing to take time out of their day to talk you through anything that may go wrong.

On another note, just finished my M10 order. Despite asking questions all over, I did get the general consensus to future proof with the M10 if possible, so that's what I'm doing. I don't plan on spending this much on a case again for a long time, so I might as well spend the $20 and be proofed for XL-ATX and not need it than not spend it and end up with a XL-ATX board needing another ~$450 case to hold it. (shrug)