Is This PC Capable?

hockaday1996

Hi guys,

I was wondering if this PC was capable of streaming my PS4 gameplay using an Elgato Capture Card on OBS. I realize that the GPU isn't as important when using a console to stream. However I currently have this computer and it can stream pretty well for about 15minutes. Then the capture starts to get laggy and it's not playable when watching the PC screen. I do not have an issue when recording gameplay though, even at a bitrate of 50,000. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-128gb-solid-state-drive-platinum-silver/6162031.p?skuId=6162031

My next idea was to buy this set up. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-inspiron-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-128gb-solid-state-drive-platinum-silver/6162031.p?skuId=6162031

My main question is, with this better GPU and other specs, do you guys think this PC is capable of streaming to YouTube on obs? Thanks for your time!

Consider something with a wired internet connection to avoid interruptions while streaming. You can probably buy a USB to Ethernet adapter if you have a hard time finding a laptop with an ethernet port. Otherwise, the machine you posted is probably good enough to stream with, as long as you are playing the game on your PS4. 

What is your setup like right now? Is the laptop you linked much more powerful?

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

The laptop I linked is my setup right now and has an Ethernet port and my speeds are great. Maybe it's just getting too hot, not sure?

I figured I should try that desktop I linked instead because of the lag maybe being from the Integrated GPU on the laptop. Or perhaps from the processor getting too hot. I was looking into external GPUs but I don't have a thunderbolt 3 port on my laptop.