CPU Air Cooler

JMojoe

Hi guys,

Here's the thing. My CPU is reaching up to 212°F (100°C), so, as you can imagine my PC just stops working (I have the default Cooler that came with the CPU).Then I decided to buy a new Cooler, but I have a question about that. 

Which Cooler should i buy? (socket: 1151, Pentium G4400)

Consider this:

-Less than $40 or $50 dlls.

-Parallel to the CPU (horizontal).

-Something like the picture (Cooler Master, Vortex Plus).

I'll be thankful if you guys could help me.

BTW: I'm wanna change my CPU for a i5 7gen or something like that in a future.

Thanks. :)

Cooler Master Vortex Plus - Disipador de CPU con aletas de aluminio y 4 Heatpipes de Contacto Directo (RR-VTPS-28PK-R1)

Where are you shopping / located? 

What case and ram are you using? Are you planning to oc later?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

for a Pentium G4400 reaching 100c with a stock cooler...it sounds like a different issue

Sounds like the cooler is not making full contact with the CPU and/or poor thermal paste application

for reference, my i7-8700 would reach a max temp of 85c under load with a stock intel cpu cooler

Photography / Finance / Gaming

WoodenMarker: Hi, I'm from Mexico.

My case is a Acteck KIRUNA and I'm using a AData 1x8gb 2133mhz ram.

And no, I'm not planing in doing oc.

Mok: I think there's an issue with the thermal paste or the contact too... but actually, I was planning buy a new CPU Cooler so this is a "perfect" excuse.

And, some friend share with me the temperature of his CPU (same as me) and never reach anything over 80°c.

Thanks. :)

Can you link us to where you're shopping?

@JMojoe Make sure to use '@' and click from the drop down menu in order to properly tag other members. Quoting also works well if you have something specific you're replaying to.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.