Vertical mount GPU

Ake_boon

Hello everyone.

I'm interested by the look of vertical mounted GPU, but I have some doubt.

Case: NZXT h500i

GPU: ZOTAC 1070Ti

There is a slot for mounting GPU vertically ready✅

1. Does it effect performance by any chance? If so by how much?
  2. My friend warn me about PCIE extender fried motherboard and GPU itself. How rare is that?
  3. Any recommendation for good PCIE extender? (I don't think I need special mounting bracket like the one's Cable Mods have?)

Thank you in advance.

P.S. I apologize for poor gramma. English is not my first language. 

PCIE extenders make very little difference in performance, I think Linus made a video where he daisy chained  a ton of them together and was still able to play at almost the same quality. You'd want a quality PCIE extender, so maybe this one, but there are tons of them.

4 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

PCIE extenders make very little difference in performance, I think Linus made a video where he daisy chained  a ton of them together and was still able to play at almost the same quality. You'd want a quality PCIE extender, so maybe this one, but there are tons of them.

Thank you! About the performance side of thing. I'm more concern about the fact that GPU is fan if facing right up again the window. I think PCIE distance does not have any affect on performance as you said. 

If the fans are directly touching the case then they won't have good thermals. But that's usually from DIY vertical PCIE mounts, the case will probably have room for air to flow.