Computer turns on by itself - Help

SGM

I've been having this strange issue for about 3 or 4 months now. I'll come home from work and my desktop will be sitting there powered up at the Windows login screen. I've noticed that if I've used it recently it won't occur but if I'm not at home (staying at my girlfriends) I'll come back from work the next day and it'll be turned on. 

Most days I will get home from work about 20:00. Computer is off so I turn it on and I'm usually on it to around 02:00 or 03:30 then I go to bed. Get up around 11:00 (computer is still off), go to work and home again for 20:00 (computer is still off). Stay up to my usual time then go to bed. Get up (still off), go to work, come home but instead of doing my usual routine I quickly get changed and go to my girlfriends (the computer is still off). Stay over, get up, come home for 11:00 to get ready for work (computer is still off). Go to work, come home for the usual time and there it is, turned on by itself. 

One week my girlfriend was away visiting her parents (so I was home every night) and it never happened. It seems like if it is left unused for over 32 hours it will spontaneously turn on and boot up. Unfortunately I've never been around to witness this odd behaviour (don't have a camera either to record it while away).

I can't understand why it keeps doing this. I have disabled every setting in the BIOS that would normally wake up the system and yet it still happens. (see attached)

Specs:
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (on a 250GB Samsung 840 EVO) all updates installed
4790K @ 4.2Ghz
ASRock Z97 Extreme 9 (BIOS is up to date)
G. Skill Ripjaws 16GB (2x8GB) 2,400Mhz
Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1080 
FSP 1,200W 80+ Gold (I had two R9 290X's before the 1080 in case you are wondering why the 1,200W)

Is there anything else which might be causing it to turn on by itself? I had considered maybe malware (or some other form of nasty software) but I run Windows Defender and Malwarebytes regularly and both come up clean. 
The only solution I've got is flicking the power switch at the back of the PSU off but that's a pain in the butt to reach (also annoying when you forget and wonder why the computer isn't turning on ?)

Thanks in advance.

20181127_215340.jpg

The only time incorrectly is spelled incorrectly is when it is spelled incorrectly.

Have you shut down the PC then turned the power switch off, then back on again? my PSU use do this (but on a much more rapid scale) and that was the solution.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

No, I'll try that now.

Will take a while before I see any results though. I'll let you know if it works.

The only time incorrectly is spelled incorrectly is when it is spelled incorrectly.

Also @SGM, check in your BIOS under Boot or other if you have a Power-On Timer / BIOS Power-On.

Some BIOS can be programmed to turn on the PC on certain days at certain hours.

do you have or did u have some scheduled task to turn on the PC or do something at a certain time?

8 minutes ago, fmarcoux96 said:

Also @SGM, check in your BIOS under Boot or other if you have a Power-On Timer / BIOS Power-On.

Some BIOS can be programmed to turn on the PC on certain days at certain hours.

Please verify this option under BIOS -> Advanced : "Restore on AC/Power Loss". After a power-loss, PCs can boot up automatically if this is on.

2 minutes ago, Snipergod87 said:

do you have or did u have some scheduled task to turn on the PC or do something at a certain time?

When a PC is shutdown, a scheduled task will not turn it on. This only applies if the PC in on Sleep, then sleep timers can wake it up to perform tasks.

Edited by fmarcoux96

So while I was in the BIOS again looking for a boot timer as suggested by @fmarcoux96 I noticed this setting was turned on.

You'll notice in my earlier screenshot this was turned off and I have not since changed any settings. 

What or how could that have been changed? Looking at the advanced power options in Windows wake timers are disabled (though maybe this is because I disabled it again before exiting the BIOS?)20181130_225212.thumb.jpg.295ee413b90c7690dcd869c215c8d61f.jpgrteyerty.png.e448f7a779dbf8b42bc6f32375c59232.png

8 minutes ago, SGM said:

So while I was in the BIOS again looking for a boot timer as suggested by @fmarcoux96 I noticed this setting was turned on.

You'll notice in my earlier screenshot this was turned off and I have not since changed any settings. 

What or how could that have been changed? Looking at the advanced power options in Windows wake timers are disabled (though maybe this is because I disabled it again before exiting the BIOS?)20181130_225212.thumb.jpg.295ee413b90c7690dcd869c215c8d61f.jpgrteyerty.png.e448f7a779dbf8b42bc6f32375c59232.png

As I mentionned above, if you shut down the PC completely, then wake timers have no effects.

Also, RTC Alarm are something else. Try looking for the "Restore on AC/Power loss" option in Advanced. This is my best bet.

2 minutes ago, fmarcoux96 said:

As I mentionned above, if you shut down the PC completely, then wake timers have no effects.

Also, RTC Alarm are something else. Try looking for the "Restore on AC/Power loss" option in Advanced. This is my best bet.

There's no such option in Windows and that setting is set to "Off" in the BIOS (so on power loss it will stay off).

20181130_233206.jpg