BSOD when installing OS, Hardware issue??

FMT_WL

Hey guys,

So couple days ago I was messing around with Oculus Tray Tool, then I might have broken the thing, but now I doubt it got anything to do with my current issue. Everything was fine before, but ever since I broken the tool, my PC just blue screen randomly, most of time it was under load (when launching Destiny 2 to be exact), but in some rare occasion it did not blue-screen (When I'm getting killed in War Thunder). All the BSOD was about driver doing stupid stuffs to memory, at least that's what I'm think so.  So I updated all my drivers and checked each one of them in Device Manager, except GP Driver in Geforce Experience. But that fixes nothing, it even bluescreen several time when I tried to back up my files or reinstall my GPU driver.

So I finally gave in, I started to do a clean install on my OS, hoping this will save it. But guess what! it die again and again and again when I installing windows 10. Mostly BSOD 1 when it's copying files. Okay, no big deal, I unplug all the peripherals except my keyboard and disc reader. Still bluescreen, 1 more score for machine. So I swapped my 970 EVO out and remove all other HDD and tried to just install it on a HDD hoping it will work then just migrate it through Samsung Data Migration. Still no score for stupid me. So I tried a different keyboard and a different CD drive, still no point. So I guess it not the issue with the driver from external device and storage device, unless I'm a huge sucker and they all just decided to broke at the same time. Then it got me thinking "Hey it might be the installation media"!!!!, So i downloaded the media creation tool for Windows 10 V1809 then burn it to a new disc. Hahahaha still not working.

Please help me.

BSOD list (Most frequent to least frequent):

1. Attempted to write to readonly memory

2. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAKKKK

3. PFN_List_Corrupt

My Build:

ASUS Strix B350-f Gaming

Ryzen 5 1600 with stock cooler

ASUS Strix 980Ti

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16GB x2

970 EVO 500G

WD 2TD Blue HDD

ASUS PCE-AC68

HDD Page frame number list is corrupted, that’s for sure, at least that’s what is pointed out. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is the result of faulty drivers. Did you update any driver prior to these BSOD?

4 minutes ago, MrDBoy12 said:

HDD Page frame number list is corrupted, that’s for sure, at least that’s what is pointed out. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL is the result of faulty drivers. Did you update any driver prior to these BSOD?

Not really, the only thing I updated was the driver for GPU after the BSOD started. Didn't update any driver before BSOD, only two new devices I got was way before the first BSOD so I doubt they are the source of the issue.

7 hours ago, FMT_WL said:

only two new devices I got was way before the first BSOD so I doubt they are the source of the issue.

I doubt they would be the source too, did you try to restore your system? That might fix your problem, that’s not easy if you get BSOD during the process but it’s worth trying.

if he's bsod'ing while trying to reformat it shouldn't be driver related. firmware, maybe, but not driver. driver's don't load until you boot the operating system unless you force special ones to do so. perhaps i'm wrong but i'm pretty positive of this. my apologies if i'm wrong.

go into your bios, reset everything to defaults and try again. if it persists i think you can run chkdsk somehow through the windows installation screen by hitting repair i believe. if u cant get chkdsk running pop the drive in another computer and try.

if your motherboard isn't throwing goofy codes or lights at u when this happens then idk what to to recommend. you could unplug the psu chord as well for a few seconds. i have issues with my computer when swapping sound drivers that will make my sound completely not work until i shut my pc down and completely unplug it and replug it in then everything is permanently fine

2 minutes ago, DukeJukem said:

you could unplug the psu chord as well for a few seconds.

Don’t do that unless the power to the PC is cut, might mess up something, better force your PC to turn off by holding power button for 10 sec. This being said, chkdsk.exe is your best bet after, as mentioned above. Your BIOS might need an update too or your RAM could be faulty.

3 minutes ago, MrDBoy12 said:

Don’t do that unless the power to the PC is cut, might mess up something, better force your PC to turn off by holding power button for 10 sec. This being said, chkdsk.exe is your best bet after, as mentioned above. Your BIOS might need an update too or your RAM could be faulty.

i mean for him to do that after he shuts the computer off. there's nothing unsafe about yanking a power chord when something is turned off. that would imply that when you plug a computer in you're never allowed to unplug it or move it to a different location ever again

18 minutes ago, DukeJukem said:

i mean for him to do that after he shuts the computer off. there's nothing unsafe about yanking a power chord when something is turned off. that would imply that when you plug a computer in you're never allowed to unplug it or move it to a different location ever again

I meant when computer is turned on

9 minutes ago, MrDBoy12 said:

I meant when computer is turned on

i figured. i'd never recommend doing that with the system on :P