opinions?

jonobang

carrying over my SSD as well as my 850W gold rated power supply which should be plenty enough for what i have here but yea. also the reason i picked a really high end cpu is because of the cooler that comes with it as well as futureproofing and it is within budget with the cpu cooler included. also threw in a tool kit since ive been doing a lot of computer building as of late and its just handy to have a tool kit ready to use in case i need it and all i have right now is a magnetic screw driver which i dont really like to use for obvious reasons...

I'm also focusing on some RGB for this build since ive never really had too much RGB in my computers and it would be nice to have a sweet looking gaming build for once x)

PC Specs-

GPU- Sapphire R9 390 Nitro | CPU- Intel Core i7-2600 3.4 GHz | RAM- 12 Gigs of DDR3 Ram | PSU- 850 W Gold rated EVGA Power Supply | Motherboard- Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | OS- Windows 10 Home

get an x470 board rather than a b450 for that chip, maybe something like the asrock fatal1ty k4. Also, the thermaltake view 31 is a very good case too for less, and it is very similar to the 71. Other than that, it looks fine

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

8 hours ago, lmeneses said:

get an x470 board rather than a b450 for that chip, maybe something like the asrock fatal1ty k4. Also, the thermaltake view 31 is a very good case too for less, and it is very similar to the 71. Other than that, it looks fine

i was origionally thing for getting a view 31 but im semi worried about graphics card space in the 31 in case i end up upgrading at some point to a bigger graphics card and not having enough space. i will check out the x470 though

PC Specs-

GPU- Sapphire R9 390 Nitro | CPU- Intel Core i7-2600 3.4 GHz | RAM- 12 Gigs of DDR3 Ram | PSU- 850 W Gold rated EVGA Power Supply | Motherboard- Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | OS- Windows 10 Home

8 hours ago, lmeneses said:

talking about something like this? https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157835&Description=x470&cm_re=x470-_-13-157-835-_-Product

PC Specs-

10 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

Looks pretty unbalanced, the mobo cost more than the CPU?

Get a B450 Gaming K4, is more than enough.

9 minutes ago, lukart said:

Looks pretty unbalanced, the mobo cost more than the CPU?

Get a B450 Gaming K4, is more than enough.

I mean, it's ready for zen 2, it's a good price for both and he wanted to pay for a gaming pro carbon, and this one is a lot better. I don't see the problem here

PC Specs-

Why are you paying that much for windows? And why not get a 2080 and change the 2700x for a 1700(x)?

10 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

Why are you paying that much for windows? And why not get a 2080 and change the 2700x for a 1700(x)?

because thats the typical retail price for windows 10 home and because i don't need the extra performance from a 2080 on a 1080p 60 hz monitor. i also dont plan on upgrading to a 2k or 4k anytime soon so i dont see the benefit of a 2080. plus the included cooler on a 1700x is pretty shoddy and cant do any overclocking from what ive seen and if i change to a 1700x and throw a cooler in as well aaand change to a 2080 the price goes out of my budget range.

PC Specs-

31 minutes ago, jonobang said:

because thats the typical retail price for windows 10 home and because i don't need the extra performance from a 2080 on a 1080p 60 hz monitor. i also dont plan on upgrading to a 2k or 4k anytime soon so i dont see the benefit of a 2080. plus the included cooler on a 1700x is pretty shoddy and cant do any overclocking from what ive seen and if i change to a 1700x and throw a cooler in as well aaand change to a 2080 the price goes out of my budget range.

Well, then get a artic freezer 33 esports with it. It's like 30 bucks and better than the 212 evo