Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need some help with setup

Psykicwarrior

So... I'm a computer nerd, butwhen it comes to AVS I know about as much about it as I do about farming.

I am currently using an old LG home theater with a old, but good BenQ projector, the problem was when I tried to connect a Nintendo Wii to it with an HDMI adapter, it didnt work (others said it worked for them, but directly into a TV).

I'm pretty sure that I wont get it to work like this anyways, if anything I'd have to connect it directly to the projektor but as it stand I'd have to build a platform on the roof of the room to put it up there and its just too much work so I'm wondering, does anyone have any experience trying something similar in an HDMI switch, are there maybe active/passive switches that should work, or is there something I can replace to make it work, I've recently upgraded my computer and I cant afford anything else big at the moment, but I'm hoping to upgrade the whole thing in 3-6months time and would love any advice on affordable stuff that would work with multiple consoles.

Sorry I accidentally hit post mid text so its a bit longer now ?

Everything runs of HDMI except for the Wii, its too old for HDMI apparently, I believe its using a proprietary connector, but there are adapters to HDMI out for it.

I would add that yes, the obvious answer is to get a Switch instead, but the Nintendo is my girlfriends and she just absolutely want it because it was the last gift from her stepfather before he died.

Wii HDMI converters go from oldschool component/composite to 480i or 480p depending on the game.  Most newer setups do not support the native 480i mode the Wii uses.