Need help

Zeorth

So I have a cable going from my optical fiber box to my router and then a wifi connection from that router to a router further away so I get wifi in the whole house. I run a cable from the first router to my pc direct to get the fastest internet speeds and now I tried to run that cable to my second router to get high speeds in the entire house and then a cable from my second router to my pc. However, this just seems to make the issue worse as my wifi speeds go from 80 to 30 and my ethernet speeds from 800 to 100. (Mbps). Why is this? I assumed it would go faster?

How long is your cable? Also, what standard is your Ethernet cable? There's a limit to how far it can effectively carry data. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

3 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

How long is your cable? Also, what standard is your Ethernet cable? There's a limit to how far it can effectively carry data. 

10 meters. Both are Cat6

1 hour ago, OreoPandas said:

So I have a cable going from my optical fiber box to my router and then a wifi connection from that router to a router further away so I get wifi in the whole house. I run a cable from the first router to my pc direct to get the fastest internet speeds and now I tried to run that cable to my second router to get high speeds in the entire house and then a cable from my second router to my pc. However, this just seems to make the issue worse as my wifi speeds go from 80 to 30 and my ethernet speeds from 800 to 100. (Mbps). Why is this? I assumed it would go faster?

what are the ports on the back of the "second" router rated at? 10/100 by chance? alot of consumer wireless routers gimp the ethernet ports because they don't expect you to use them.

5 minutes ago, BakugoHero said:

what are the ports on the back of the "second" router rated at? 10/100 by chance? alot of consumer wireless routers gimp the ethernet ports because they don't expect you to use them.

You stole my comment before I could make it.  I would verify that the outbound interface on Router 1 and the inbound interface on Router 2 both support 10/100/1000.