"Insufficient resources to create target connection" when trying to create a SCSI Drive Daemon Tools - Windows 10

Hey there,
I've been trying to play Lord of the rings rise of the witch king LAN with my friends.
According to this forum, (https://www.gamereplays.org/community/index.php?showtopic=910882) In order to run it. I have to mount mini images to a SCSI drive.

but when ever I try to create a SCSI virtual drive using Daemon tools. It keeps giving me this error. (as you can see in the attachment) I tried everything. re-installed daemon tools more than 10 times already. downgraded the version and still no. I can create a DT drive. but why can't I create a SCSI drive?

please help me.
Thanks alot

Capture.PNG

Also my Pc specs are -
GTX 1070Ti
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb
Ryzen 7 1700 3.65Ghz

Same issue, it worked like a charm yesterday, today suddenly stopped working. i have tried reinstalling multiple times with no result. 

Also looking for the solution ... I would guess it has to do with the new update 

I play BFME 2 Edain mod regularly LAN with my girlfriend and just discovered this. The only solution that I have seen posted, was to uninstall the most recent windows update. I will try this and let you guys know how it works. There has been a post created on Daemons forums about it. Hopefully someone that works with them will see it and fix the bug in the software.

Okay, so I went into installed updates, and uninstalled the most recent Windows update, but before I restarted my computer I went into my Windows Update Settings and deactivated the updates in general so that when I restarted my computer, it didn't try to update the file. I am now able to mount SCSI drives in Daemon Tools Lite 10.5 and LOTR BFME 2 Edain Mod launched for me after I did this.

Services > Windows Update "Startup Type" set to disabled, "Service Status" set to Stopped, in the Recovery Tab set everything to "Take No Action" and change the days to 0.

You can also run regedit, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Policies > Windows, right click windows and create a key named "WindowsUpdate", right click WindowsUpdate and create a key named "AU", right click in the box to the right under "(default)" and create a DWORD 32 Bit named "AUOptions" edit this file and change the value to 2. These are the 2 things I did to shut down windows updates. I then uninstalled the last couple updates, like 2-3 admittingly out of stupidity because I didn't realize that when I uninstalled the current update it re-installs the previous update file and I kept thinking "why the heck does it still say the most recent update file was today?!" but if you pay attention to the update numbers they change each time and its just your system reverting back to the previous update.

PS. I take no credit for figuring any of this out. I used a youtube video to figure out how to uninstall updates and stop them from re-installing automatically, and someone else posted on daemons forum about uninstalling recent updates to make this function work.

Update, when doing this fix on my girlfriends PC I had to un-install the most recent update and restart the computer both times. So my original stupid actions may have actually been the correct path to begin with. As soon as I uninstalled that update and restarted her computer twice while also doing the previous update blocking steps, all her drives were automatically re-mounted on the game and it launched. We are about to have a match.

Sweet fix Alvaria! it will also work if you use system restore because it will do the same thing. Thats what i did but just like he said you will have to turn off the updates because the windows update will reinstall on your computer and the game will stop working again. That's how i guessed the update was doing it XD is there any chance you can drop the link to the Daemon Tools forum? i'd like to see it. would be much appreciated! \lml lml/

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone found a fix other that disabling the Windows updates? I mean, i don't wanna lose the updates just to play the game

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm not very tech savy (don't tell my boss) but I found this tutorial and IT WORKS:

May the light of the Valar guide you