NEED HELP WITH PORT FORWARDING!!

Njektor506

So I got here a little concern about my port-forwarding plan...I want to deploy a new port forwarding protocol on my router to start a particular game server. Now here's the problem, my router's WAN is connected to another router, in a case that the router that it is connected to is locked, I don't know the username and password, the internet connection is not mine and I just tap mine into them. Can I still be able to use my router's port forwarding?

I heard things about NAT and I don't know much about it, and I want to know if that could help. And also a friend suggests me to use a VPN for my game server to externally connect with my peers, but I only want to use port forwarding and I'm comfortable using it... Any help guys????

4 minutes ago, Njektor506 said:

Can I still be able to use my router's port forwarding?

No, sorry. Even if you forward a port on your router, the other router's firewall will block it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

No, sorry. Even if you forward a port on your router, the other router's firewall will block it.

*sob *sob*..... so any alternatives?

1 minute ago, Njektor506 said:

*sob *sob*..... so any alternatives?

Convince the owner of the other router to forward your port, rent a cloud server or have one of your friends host the server.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

32 minutes ago, Meic said:

Or see if the second router has UPnP enabled, if so you can port forward without username & password (https://www.howtogeek.com/122227/how-to-quickly-forward-ports-on-your-router-from-a-desktop-application/)

To be fair, if it's not HIS router he should probably ask for permission anyway...

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

To be fair, if it's not HIS router he should probably ask for permission anyway...

Very true - agree with you there.