my home workstation/gaming rig

KennethChow

So this is my workstation/gaming rig

EDIT: PICTURE LINK POSTED

specs :

z77 MSI Big Bang MPower mb

i7-2600k@4.8ghz

back story on the 2600k, my friend's dad worked at ncix so I got the manufacturer discount on it. so while mrsp was almost 500cad after taxes, I got it for 250.

Corsair A70 Air Cooler with dual Noctua P-14 fans in push pull

16GB of Mushkin Black 1600

Corsair 120GB Neutron GTX SSD for main boot and games

1TB Seagate HDD

Mushkin Joule 1000W PSU

back story was that I got this off the NCIX sale for 60cad. Overkill but cheap.

Asus Xonar DGX sound card

GPUs:

MSI GTX560ti hawk edition @1ghz

Gigabyte GTX560ti oc edition @1ghz

I got different cards because I basically got the 560ti from Gigabyte for free after the MIR and games I was going to buy regardless.

All this in a Corsair 650D case with some Scythe GT's.

Pics:

http://imgur.com/a/oWu76

thats a really baller system, im looking foreward to see the pics. Quick question, what are your cpu temps, as 4.8 ghz is no small achievement and I have never considered the corsair A70 as a cooler that could produce such results. Once again, very nice machine you have there :D

CPU i5 3570k @ 4.5GHz Motherboard MSI Z77A-G43 RAM 16GB Patriot Somthingortheother GPU XFX 7870 GHz Edition Case Corsair Vengeance C-70 Black Storage 120GB Kingston HyperX 3k + 1tb Seagate HDD PSU Corsair HX650  

Displays 2 old 1080p Acer and Samsung ones Cooling Corsair H60

† TTCF Member †

it isn't a bother because after running prime 95 for around a day and half it was stable. I remember doing this right before the fall semester started so temperatures in vancouver were quite warm. Because it will be never reach past sixty to seventy degrees on the most intensive applications; it will be just fine. synthetic benches like prime just tell me what my limit is (anything lower than 95) and whether it is completely stable. thanks for looking!