GPU prices all over the world.

R3ep3r
On 1/22/2018 at 5:56 AM, R3ep3r said:

As title says, I am wondering when will the prices for GPUs drop.

As far as I know, GPU prices raised because of mining. But why? I mean I understand miners will need a large number of GPUs in order to mine Ethereum and other crypto currency but.. still BUT WHY?!

Why that thing has to affect us, the others, the ones that use the GPUs for normal productivity such as editing photo/video, gaming etc.

Also.. I really wanted to get a 1070 sooner but since the price raised in my country with almost 25% of the normal price.. I'll stick to my 1050ti for a longer period of time..:(

Yea, the prices for pascal cards suck right now.

Same here in Canada.

Luckily though, a lot of perfectly fine cards aren't impacted by this in the used market.

You can get a gtx 970 on ebay right now for like $150 if you're good at auctioning and that's a VR compatible card.

Anything 9 series really is still a good buy right now.

There are a bunch of scammers on ebay saying they're selling things like gtx 1080tis for like 200 bucks right now. Avoid those. Read the reviews closely. They may have positive reviews overall, but if you look at the negative ones you see people who are sour about getting scammed with those cards.