Ouya for emulation?

Rolling Potatoe

Hey,

Im looking for some kind of small box to put behind a 1080p tv to emulate some older games, the most demanding would probably be n64 games like super mario 64.

You can get an Ouya with 2 controllers for ~30 Euros now, so does anybody know how well those work for emulation

in 2017 with an acceptable resolution? Id also consider something like a raspberry pie 3, but it seems most of those

mini pcs are struggling with n64 emulation. Maybe there is something more powerful on the market now though?

I could jumble together a core 2 duo pc with scrap parts, but that would be a bit larger than I was looking for ideally.

I have a Retropie box (Raspberry Pi 3B) and it's amazing for NES, SNES, TurboGrafx, Famicom Disk System, Arcade, Neo Geo, Genesis, Master System, and PS1. The N64 emulation is lousy though, even Mario 64 sucks on it. If you have to have N64 emulation and very small form factor you might be stuck buying an Intel NUC.

3 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I have a Retropie box (Raspberry Pi 3B) and it's amazing for NES, SNES, TurboGrafx, Famicom Disk System, Arcade, Neo Geo, Genesis, Master System, and PS1. The N64 emulation is lousy though, even Mario 64 sucks on it. If you have to have N64 emulation and very small form factor you might be stuck buying an Intel NUC.

Mhh, n64 emulation being lousy would be a concern. Ill might try to mount a core2duo pc to some wood and attach that to my tv vesa mounts for now.

50 minutes ago, Rolling Potatoe said:

Mhh, n64 emulation being lousy would be a concern. Ill might try to mount a core2duo pc to some wood and attach that to my tv vesa mounts for now.

I forgot about the ODroid Xu4. That could be an option. I don't know a whole lot about it but it seems promising for N64 from this video I found from a channel that helped me with my Retropie build. One thing to note is RecalBox sets N64 to run in lower resolution by default than Retropie does, so some of the performance improvement probably comes from that. But AFAIK there is no way to get Conker's Bad Fur Day remotely playable on a Raspberry Pi 3 Retropie setup, and it seems a lot closer in this guy's video.