Discord problems with gigabyte x399 gaming 7

Anyone else own a gigabyte x399 gaming 7 and having major issues with login onto discord?  It seems to crash my audio driver as it tries to connect giving buzzing noise through the speakers as it does.  It loops as its loading trying multiple times to connect.  If it does finally connect i can't hear ppl and they can't hear me. or i can hear ppl but they cant hear me or ppl can hear me but i cant hear them.  and then eventually( after 30 mintues of trying) it will connect fine and work fine

I've tried reinstalling discord with their recommended method. reinstalled windows fresh all to no avail.  I suspect it has to do with the new audio driver for this platform but im not sure.

• 3 weeks later...

I got a Gigabyte X399 AORUS Gaming 7 myself, and i have been having loads of problems with the audio, if i use the normal jack for audio i get all kind of noise when the computer get some load, but i mostly use a usb DAC  so the output audio is not my biggest problem, my mic is. i use Discord like you and i have to do all  kinds of things to get my mic working with discord, i have to switch back and fort  between input sources and output sources joining and leaving channels etc  and occasionally it randomly works.
then it works for a few minutes before the people i talk to start complaining about loud noises being louder than me and the can barely hear me over noise they describes as  a helicopter or a tank next to the mic. now if this was not enough, switching audio sources  when this problem occurs  makes me lose audio in games and even crash games.

i have done plenty of clean installations of windows 10 and 8.1  i have tried different bios updates new drivers etc, disconnecting  other PCIe cards ( it might have helped some on the loud mic sounds) but the problem is still there.  i am almost about to give up and buy a USB mic and then disable the onboard audio in  bios.
It would be a shame though as its an expensive piece of hardware, and its almost brand new.

If you have found any solution to your problem please let me know, it might help me with mine :)

I noticed a lot of choppyness and stuff when accessing the network. My son uses discord also and says it was noisy and laggy. I was troubleshooting and finally removed the killer nic utility. It seemed to cure it. 

On 10/8/2017 at 3:14 AM, m0rk said:

I got a Gigabyte X399 AORUS Gaming 7 myself, and i have been having loads of problems with the audio, if i use the normal jack for audio i get all kind of noise when the computer get some load, but i mostly use a usb DAC  so the output audio is not my biggest problem, my mic is. i use Discord like you and i have to do all  kinds of things to get my mic working with discord, i have to switch back and fort  between input sources and output sources joining and leaving channels etc  and occasionally it randomly works.
then it works for a few minutes before the people i talk to start complaining about loud noises being louder than me and the can barely hear me over noise they describes as  a helicopter or a tank next to the mic. now if this was not enough, switching audio sources  when this problem occurs  makes me lose audio in games and even crash games.

i have done plenty of clean installations of windows 10 and 8.1  i have tried different bios updates new drivers etc, disconnecting  other PCIe cards ( it might have helped some on the loud mic sounds) but the problem is still there.  i am almost about to give up and buy a USB mic and then disable the onboard audio in  bios.
It would be a shame though as its an expensive piece of hardware, and its almost brand new.

If you have found any solution to your problem please let me know, it might help me with mine :)

Yep precisely the same issue as me.  That confirms for me that haven't incorrectly or damaged anything during the installation.  I have opened up a ticket with Gigabyte support and will let you know what happens with that. 

After being in contact with Gigabyte over this issue back and forth they cannot give a definitive answer.  However, i have found that i run inputs and outputs in non exclusive mode and uncheck(grey) discords "use legacy Audio subsystem" option in Voice & video it seems to work fine. Try it out and see if it fixes your issue too.

Its clearly a driver issue.

non legacy.png

non exclusive mode.png

• 6 months later...

Sorry for replying to an old thread but there is little to nothing when it comes to this motherboard for help. So ive done everything anyone has ever posted about this motherboard and im still having issues. Ive done it all, clean installs, unistalling things, checking boxes, discord settings ect... I finally got my mic to work (no idea how but was not related to anything i found on forms, Just messing around) but now i cant play speakers and my head set. Before I fixed the mic i some how had speakers and head set working. All it gives me is Realtek audio device and my headset / mic combo. If i take the head set out of the jack and put my speakers in it works and vise versa. Ive tried all other jacks and it gives me noda. Any thoughts?

*I have never had so much troubles in my life with a motherboard. A NEW EXPENSIVE MOBO. Not happy gigabyte...*

• 8 months later...

I managed to fix this by installing the Realtek drivers from the Gigabyte website:

https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X399-AORUS-Gaming-7-rev-10#support-dl-driver-audio

Then, when I plugin my mic into the Rear mic jack it opens up the Realtek HD Audio Manager, from there I went into the settings (lower right corner)

image.png.adabbab926c410c0bb68d6bb91eff292.png

And then disabled the "Tie up same type of input jacks, i.e. line-in or microphone, as an input device."

image.png.48a13f720d73f58c3c70b753bbcb0cbb.png

Hope that helps!