Need help choosing a monitor.

Hey all,

I'm about to buy a new monitor. I'm going for a dual monitor setup and depending on my paycheck thursday i'll buy them both at once or 1 now and 1 later.

Requirements:

• Bezelless
  • 1080p
  • 75hz (or 60 with an overclock to 75)
  • 24 - 27"
  • €100 - €200
  • Vesa 75 or 100

This is my build.

I've found some interesting monitors myself:

• Iiyama XU2492HSU IPS €169

• LG 24MP88HV IPS €199

• LG 24MP68VQ AH-IPS w freesync €163

For gaming or workstation purposes? If gaming, I'd probably take the freesync displays. Depending on your other activities, you might want to go for a monitor with the most realistic color output, or one that is easy to calibrate.

Wi RoZ

2 minutes ago, Wi RoZ said:

For gaming or workstation purposes? If gaming, I'd probably take the freesync displays. Depending on your other activities, you might want to go for a monitor with the most realistic color output, or one that is easy to calibrate.

And how would I know if a monitor is easy to calibrate?

Just now, Nucleus said:

And how would I know if a monitor is easy to calibrate?

Some are advertised that way and come with a large amount of settings that are accessible from the display menu itself. To calibrate a display professionally though, you'll need special equipment to read the colors that the monitor displays, so you can set them to the right values

Wi RoZ

1 minute ago, Wi RoZ said:

Some are advertised that way and come with a large amount of settings that are accessible from the display menu itself. To calibrate a display professionally though, you'll need special equipment to read the colors that the monitor displays, so you can set them to the right values

Are those tools very expensive?

and do you happen to know which one of the 3 monitors I mentioned are easy to calibrate without the equipment?

Just now, Nucleus said:

Are those tools very expensive?

and do you happen to know which one of the 3 monitors I mentioned are easy to calibrate without the equipment?

If you want to buy them yourself, yes. But a lot of companies that sell that equipment also provide rental services for it so you don't actually have to buy the equipment. 

The non-freesync monitors seem pretty close colorsetting wise. The 24MP88HV is pre-calibrated and comes with a certificate. The Iiyama one is advertised with very consistent (but not per se accurate) coloroutput at all angles but seems to be more office oriented, not that much graphically oriented. 

Wi RoZ