Watchdogs 2 not going any further after splash screen

so my friend has got watchdogs 2 on his laptop that has a nvidia geforce 840m gpu. the installation completed successfully but when the game is opened, the splash screen comes and goes and nothing happens after that. he said he searched this problem on the internet and places like youtube has shown some solutions and he said he tried every possible one of them but none of them has worked. he said he even tried a patch of around 400mb which was supposed to fix the problem according to the internet however it hasnt worked too. this game works in the 820m gpu, there are many gameplays on it on the internet. he said his nvidia driver version is 10.18.13.6472. hopefully i have given enough information for u guys to predict what the problem is. if you know any fixes please do leave a reply.thanks.  

Edited by Shammikit
made a mistake in the initial description. he has got the 840m gpu not 820m

1 minute ago, thom derksen said:

Pagefile is too small... Check using afterburner

eh, im sorry i didnt understand what you meant

Just now, thom derksen said:

The pagefile is too small. How much RAM does he have?

8gb

11 hours ago, thom derksen said:

That is not much... You need to see what happens with the pagefile using afterburner.

ok, it took me a while to contact him and he sent me the screenshot below. and his gpu is a 840m not 820m. the screenshot any good? 

received_10208208268159125.jpeg

You don't meet the minimum requirements

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 hour ago, ivan134 said:

You don't meet the minimum requirements

could be but the game should open and run on low settings and on low fps. there are many gameplays of this gpu running this game

9 hours ago, DaMainMan said:

Not worth it - It's a horrible game anyways :ph34r:

Here we go again with the Ubisoft hate train. I honestly liked the game. It was great. Took a while to get used to the controls from the old Watch Dogs (which is also a great game), but I enjoyed it. And I believe it was well worth my 50 euros to play. Even on PS4. I do have the old version on both PS4 and PC, but due to poor optimization, I'd rather take the steady PS4 30fps than the FPS jumping from 60 to 25 all the time. 

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

8 hours ago, Underi said:

Here we go again with the Ubisoft hate train. I honestly liked the game. It was great. Took a while to get used to the controls from the old Watch Dogs (which is also a great game), but I enjoyed it. And I believe it was well worth my 50 euros to play. Even on PS4. I do have the old version on both PS4 and PC, but due to poor optimization, I'd rather take the steady PS4 30fps than the FPS jumping from 60 to 25 all the time. 

i personally didnt like the story of watchdogs 2 at first.it didnt look interesting like in watchdogs 1.however the gameplay was very good and when i got into like the middle of the game, my opinion on the story also changed.overall it was a good game even though its start was not entertaining. 

Getting back to the original question that i asked. my friend did manage to fix it by setting a target path in the shortcut.problem solved

10 hours ago, Underi said:

Where am I hating on Ubisoft? The game is just horrible.

From my older post on this subject:

The graphics look great, although the problem is that on my setup (6700k, 1070 etc.) the game will only reach 60fps on "high" settings in 1440p. For a game that looks only marginally better than GTA V (imo), I am not satisfied at all with the performance.

The controls/gameplay is the worst part about it though. I am not sure how a game like this could get vehicle physics so wrong, but they sure as hell tried. Even the fastest cars only go about 60mph and then the camera starts shaking for dramatic effect... Not to mention that every car looks like it has blown up clown-tires as wheels.

I don't remember the physics in the first one being that bad -> and I thought I read somewhere that they "significantly" improved upon that point?

I have been playing for an hour and honestly I don't see myself playing again any time soon -> the story doesn't grip me at all and the physics just make me get angry.

I could have spent those €40 on booze and would have definitely had more fun.