Monitor questions.

I have a dual monitor setup right now running an Asus VG248QE and Asus PG248Q with gsync for my main gaming monitor, they are powered by an Asus Rog Strix 1070 GPU and an intel I7 6700k. 

I want to make an upgrade but I'm not sure how to go about it. Should I go for the whole three monitors one screen approach or buy one big 34" ultrawide.

So got a couple of questions regarding both the choices.

Three monitors - If i buy a third monitor Could I get away with buying another VG248QE, having my PG248Q as my center monitor with Gsync, and will the viewing/playing experience be decent, or Will I need to buy two PG248Q monitors all with gysnc to have the games be playable. (I'm worried if I go with the VG248QE monitors there will be screen tearing on the sides since they dont have Gsync, but i'm not that knowledgeable on that stuff.) 

Ultrawide - If i buy the ultrawide It will probably be one of the ACER or ASUS 34" monitors with Gsync, but the one drawback is the IPS panels and their blacklight bleed. I never had an IPS monitor so I'm not sure how bad the black light bleed will be and would it ruin the experience. I saw on a response on Amazon from Asus I believe, that the nature of IPS means there will always be blacklight bleed and you can only minimize it but it would always be there. Which worries me.

Any help or thoughts or comments will be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

28 minutes ago, Razcal said:

I have a dual monitor setup right now running an Asus VG248QE and Asus PG248Q with gsync for my main gaming monitor, they are powered by an Asus Rog Strix 1070 GPU and an intel I7 6700k. 

I want to make an upgrade but I'm not sure how to go about it. Should I go for the whole three monitors one screen approach or buy one big 34" ultrawide.

So got a couple of questions regarding both the choices.

Three monitors - If i buy a third monitor Could I get away with buying another VG248QE, having my PG248Q as my center monitor with Gsync, and will the viewing/playing experience be decent, or Will I need to buy two PG248Q monitors all with gysnc to have the games be playable. (I'm worried if I go with the VG248QE monitors there will be screen tearing on the sides since they dont have Gsync, but i'm not that knowledgeable on that stuff.) 

Ultrawide - If i buy the ultrawide It will probably be one of the ACER or ASUS 34" monitors with Gsync, but the one drawback is the IPS panels and their blacklight bleed. I never had an IPS monitor so I'm not sure how bad the black light bleed will be and would it ruin the experience. I saw on a response on Amazon from Asus I believe, that the nature of IPS means there will always be blacklight bleed and you can only minimize it but it would always be there. Which worries me.

Any help or thoughts or comments will be appreciated. 

Thanks. 

If you want to span games across all three monitors, they all need to have G-Sync to be able to use it in games. If you're only going to have games open on one monitor and use the other two for secondary applications, then they don't need to all have G-Sync.

Backlight bleed has nothing to do with IPS panels, it's a flaw of LCD technology. It's possible on IPS panels, and it's possible on TN panels.

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

If you want to span games across all three monitors, they all need to have G-Sync to be able to use it in games. If you're only going to have games open on one monitor and use the other two for secondary applications, then they don't need to all have G-Sync.

Backlight bleed has nothing to do with IPS panels, it's a flaw of LCD technology. It's possible on IPS panels, and it's possible on TN panels.

Yeah I want to span the game across all three monitors, I know Gsync won't work across all three monitors unless they all have Gsync, just wondering if Say I'm playing overwatch would the two non Gsync monitors perform poorly while the Gsync one performs?

And reviews always complain about IPS and blacklight bleed, Well when looking at Asus or Acer Monitors, I've used TN panels all my life and I didn't even know about blacklight bleed till I started researching on the ultrawides. 

I have a Dell 27" and an Asus 27" next to each other on my desk. I have often though about getting 3rd (may be another Dell).  Personally if I had another I would only use it once in a blue moon for maybe  the odd driving game like grid.  Other than that it would sit there idling.

I have heard great things from ultra wide owners. Linus and jay love them.  Not sure they would recommend an ultra wide multi monitor set up.  These ultrawides seem to have enough real-estate in there own.

If your gaming I am sure you 1070 would be far happier running one ultra wide rather than three surround monitors. And if the ultra wide has gsync then your screen tearing issue would be solved.

It is always nerve racking dropping money on an expensive monitor as the possibility of acquiring a duff one is real.   When I bought the Asus Swift 27" IPS I was terrified of buying one with dead pixels.  However the retailer I went with had a branded guarantee if there was any dead pixels they would swap it.  I'm sure you will have no issues if you go with a reputable brand.  Personally I would stay away from cheap IPS monitors.

Good luck .  Let us know what you decide.

1 hour ago, Razcal said:
 Yeah I want to span the game across all three monitors, I know Gsync won't work across all three monitors unless they all have Gsync, just wondering if Say I'm playing overwatch would the two non Gsync monitors perform poorly while the Gsync one performs?

And reviews always complain about IPS and blacklight bleed, Well when looking at Asus or Acer Monitors, I've used TN panels all my life and I didn't even know about blacklight bleed till I started researching on the ultrawides. 

Most people are just confusing backlight bleed with IPS glow.