Editing with an HDR television

BlargKing

I'm trying to get my rig set up to view and edit HDR content, and right now I'm stuck on what I should do for a display. Theres very few HDR computer monitors out as of now, the only one I can find being the Dell UP2718Q that Linus recently reviewed, but that monitor costs a meaty 1600$ which is beyond my ability to afford. 

I was wondering how well a 4K HDR television might stack up as an editing display. Theres a decent looking 44" Sony 4K HDR tv at my local bestbuy for 700$. Its a bit big, but that also means I have a lot of screen to edit on. I figure since these are the displays that HDR content is going to be displayed on anyways that the color accuracy should be sufficient, and I've got an LCD calibration tool to help bring it in line anyways.

Thoughts?

20 minutes ago, BlargKing said:

I'm trying to get my rig set up to view and edit HDR content, and right now I'm stuck on what I should do for a display. Theres very few HDR computer monitors out as of now, the only one I can find being the Dell UP2718Q that Linus recently reviewed, but that monitor costs a meaty 1600$ which is beyond my ability to afford. 

I was wondering how well a 4K HDR television might stack up as an editing display. Theres a decent looking 44" Sony 4K HDR tv at my local bestbuy for 700$. Its a bit big, but that also means I have a lot of screen to edit on. I figure since these are the displays that HDR content is going to be displayed on anyways that the color accuracy should be sufficient, and I've got an LCD calibration tool to help bring it in line anyways.

Thoughts?

I think that's your best bet at the moment but it's all a bit of a mess right now. Buy a monitor rather than a TV if you are planning to play games at high refresh rates.

I edit my posts a lot.