Windows 7 32 professional crashing

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

I would have thought with this kind of artifacting something was wrong...

IMG_2131.thumb.JPG.c6ead4c081464bf330efb122e76993a6.JPG

IMG_2132.thumb.JPG.9a6b00cf1e45d0db8c7c0018c53a8085.JPGsuch is not life in the zone. 

Stalker call of Pripyat is the most graphically intense game installed. 

Using the same video card, HDD, hdmi cable and monitor with a different CPU mobo and ram I was able to play without crashes, play half life 2 without crashes and arms Cold War assault. 

I am fairly certain the unknown issue lies within the motherboard CPU or ram. I cannot determine which, so testing will continue without the gtx 1050 ti to prevent damaging it. 

I'll see what other computer(s) I can use with the gpu instead. 

I have a windows 7 32 bit pc that is constantly crashing and blue screening. I ran some health reports and I have no idea what 

"abnormally terminated services check"

Plug and play device configured fail count

are. I recently bought a video card and thought it was the problem, or the psu wasn't strong enough, but even with the integrated graphics things are crashing. 

I can pull up logs if someone can tell me how. I went to windows support and they told me to go back to the earliest system restore point which was after the bugs/crashes started happening. 

Any help is super appreciated!!! I don't think the graphics card is the problem but I only have 10~ days to return it if it USB the problem. The health report and device manager say it's working fine. 

(Sorry for lack of formatting. Will try to edit as soon as I post to get everything nicer.)

I contacted Microsoft tech support again with more information. 

As a result I have learned a few things.

1. Windows 10 is still free. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

2. They try reallly hard to try and get to you upgrade to windows 10, or give them more money. 

Spoiler

Hello, I am back from the restart
5:57 pm
Me
I opened device manager, selected view and toggled "show hidden devices" and nothing showed up. I'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing.
5:58 pm
Patricia Isabella D
That's good thing meaning its works again.
6:00 pm
Me
Okay great!
6:00 pm
Patricia Isabella D
Awesome.
6:01 pm
Me
Now I cannot recall the service that wasn't working from the health report
Me
I had no idea how to find out what the service was, nor where to find services. It was only identified in the health report and I cannot recall the name of the application that does health reports.
Me
system health reports*
6:02 pm
Patricia Isabella D
Hmmmm we need to do a command to be able for us to possibly fix the issue when it comes to system heath reports it may need to run Deployment Image Servicing and Management or DISM command.
6:05 pm
Patricia Isabella D
That's under paid support.
6:05 pm
Me
i was able to open the program for free earlier
6:06 pm
Me
What was the name of the program, or where does it save the report?
6:06 pm
Me
it was somewhere in the control panel however it is searchable.
6:07 pm
Patricia Isabella D
I understand you was able to open the health reports however to do troubleshooting we need to run a command in CMD to fix it.
6:08 pm
Me
Okay what's the command?
6:08 pm
Patricia Isabella D
I will sent you all the links and instruction to your email that  you can follow and try.
6:11 pm
Me
Can you send them here?
6:11 pm
Me
I would like to have the technical support live rather than e-mailed incase I have any issues.
6:12 pm
Patricia Isabella D
If you would like to have live technical support it would be a lot more easier and faster if you will avail our assure support. We have also our higher level of support that we can help us.
6:14 pm
Me
I have time to do it without paying more than a new operating system.
6:15 pm
Me
What;s the command?
6:17 pm
Me
You still haven't told me the name of the program to get system health reports. I asked when we first connected the first time.
6:18 pm
Patricia Isabella D
Here's the link of set of commands
Patricia Isabella D
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd744382(v=ws.10).aspx
Me
Which command should I use?
Me
I don't know the exact service that failed. How do we know these are the right ones?
6:19 pm
Patricia Isabella D
Click on the Start menu and type Performance into the Search Programs and Files box.
6:20 pm
Patricia Isabella D
Under the Control Panel results, click on the link labeled Performance Information and Tools.
Me
okay I selected Performance information and tools
Patricia Isabella D
You should now be looking at Performance Information and Tools in the All Control Panel Items window.
Patricia Isabella D
In the left hand pane of the window, click on the link titled Advanced Tools. In the Advanced Tools window, click on the link at the bottom labeled Generate a System Health Report.
6:21 pm
Me
Thank you!
Patricia Isabella D
Your always welcome.
Me
Sorry if I come off a bit rude at times.
6:22 pm
Me
here is the 1 error
Me
Symptom: A service is reported as having an unexpected error code 
Cause: One or more services has failed. The service did not stop gracefully, suggesting the service may have crashed or one of its components stopped in an unsupported way. 
Details: Service exited with code not equal to 0 or 1077 
Resolution: Restart the service 
Related: Performance Diagnosis
Patricia Isabella D
I suggest we need to do Clean Install or upgrade it to window 10 instead.
6:24 pm
Me
What is the service that failed?
6:24 pm
Me
In the past I installed a program to prevent the forced windows 10 installation and disabled all future updates.
6:25 pm
Me
I don't know that I'm eligable for windows 10.
6:25 pm
Me
I don't have my license key however I've heard reports that windows 10 isn't strict on licensing
6:26 pm
Patricia Isabella D
It might be a time for us to do upgrade to new OS. Instead of having the same issue and more.
6:29 pm
Me
well I'm here to fix the issue
6:29 pm
Me
Abnormally Terminated Services Check 1 1 Failed
6:30 pm
Patricia Isabella D
Windows 10 has the product key attach to the Microsoft account since there is a lot of customer who tend to lose their product key.
Me
I don't know the ms account used for this copy of windows
Patricia Isabella D
I respect your decision .
Me
also you didn't identify the service that failed
6:31 pm
Me
what sevice failed?
Me
service*
Patricia Isabella D
Its not a copy of the windows we attach only the license key to the Microsoft account.
Me
I didn't install this copy of windows though. I dont know what account this key is tied to.
6:32 pm
Patricia Isabella D
Where do you buy your windows?
6:34 pm
Me
My dad bought it forever ago. I don't know
6:34 pm
Patricia Isabella D
I see.
6:36 pm
Patricia Isabella D
The best option for us is to upgrade instead.
6:37 pm
Me
i don't know where the papers are either
Me
I thought the limited time free upgrade expired
Me
am I still eligable?
6:39 pm
Me
what're the 2nd 3rd and 4th best options?
Patricia Isabella D
Yes your correct our free upgrade already expire.
Patricia Isabella D
This is windows 10 information you can check if your pc is compatible https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
6:41 pm
Patricia Isabella D
I what I can do just sent you a link and instruction.
6:41 pm
Patricia Isabella D
Since you may need to run some test to be able to fix the issue you may now end the chat and try the steps that I gave to you since you already have my rejoin link you can connect to me at any time.
6:43 pm
Me
what is the problem, or service that stopped working? How do you know that upgrading to windows 10 will fix the computer?
6:43 pm
Patricia Isabella D
We create a new software to fix the issue that we collected to our customer and for their safety as well.
6:44 pm
Me
but this doesn't tell me what service isn't working...
6:46 pm
Patricia Isabella D
We need to diagnose the problem that's the main reason why we offer you our paid support service since basic troubleshooting wont work.
6:47 pm
Me
If I pay you, how would the troubleshooter all the sudden work?
6:47 pm
Me
You told me I needed paid support to identify the hardware issue, when I already identified it for free.
6:48 pm
Patricia Isabella D
As we explain earlier we have a higher technician who can fix the issue.
6:48 pm
Me
Why does it cost 150 USD for someone to click a mouse?
6:49 pm
Patricia Isabella D
As I've said if basic troubleshooting would not work we need to do an advance troubleshooting.
Me
I found the isssue, I just need to be told what it means
Me
What is "Abnormally Terminated Services Check"
Patricia Isabella D
If that is your decision we respect that however we have other customer need our help to resolve the issue as much as I want to help you and stay on the line however we need also consider our option to further assist you.
6:51 pm
Me
That sentence contradicts itself.
6:51 pm
Me
I need 2 things to solve my issue and be done.
6:53 pm
Me
1. is for you to identify what the issue is, and means
6:53 pm
Me
2. How to fix it.
6:54 pm
Me
You haven't done number 1. You have only told me options for number 2.
Me
None of the options for how to fix it can be justified as the problem wasn't identified to me.
Patricia Isabella D
I'm sorry we have a support boundaries that is only download install and activation however your concern cannot resolve with basic troubleshooting and we need to do an advance troubleshooting however what I can do sent you helpful links to your email.
6:55 pm
Me
Send me the links here.
Patricia Isabella D
I already sent you a lot of links.
Me
Why is identifying the service failure out of bounds?
6:56 pm
Me
It's just saying what it is.
6:57 pm
Patricia Isabella D
And I think even the links I sent to you cant fix the issue. If you don't want to avail our support program we respect your decision I suggest to visit local technician to fix the issue.
Me
root\cimv2:SELECT __Relpath, Name, Caption, Description, DisplayName, PathName, Started, ExitCode, State, ServiceSpecificExitCode FROM Win32_Service
Me
This is something that has to do with the service failure
Me
oh
6:58 pm
Me
It's windows defender
6:58 pm
Me
Display Name: WinDefend 
Exit Code: 126 
Service Name: WinDefend 
Path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe -k secsvcs 
Service Code: 0 
Started: False 
State: Stopped
6:59 pm
Me
what the fuck? Paying 150 dollars to enable windows defender?
6:59 pm
Me
Where can I save the report logs for all my queries?
7:01 pm
Patricia Isabella D
We respect your decision if you don't like to avail our paid support service.
7:02 pm
Me
I think my issues are resolved. I want to save the chat logs for all my reports please. How may I do that?
7:02 pm
Me
I am finished talking, I just wish to save the chat logs.
7:03 pm
Patricia Isabella D
We don't have a way to save the chat logs if you want you can copy and paste it.
7:03 pm

3. My 2 issues were a driver for DODDriver4.3 or something was a hardware driver I needed to uninstall and the service was Windows defender.

I had identified both as the tech support representative tried really hard to not say these things in broken Philippines attempted English. 

This does not make me like Microsoft any more than I already don't. 

I then tried testing system stability by playing Stalker Call of Pripyat. The game loaded pretty well. I engaged the first enemy I saw and died. upon reloading the system blue screened and I was unable to read the report before the system restarted. Whilst typing this reply I had experienced a system crash restart. 

From an earlier conversation with EVGA's 24/7 technical support it was suggested my motherboard may be the problem. 

The article at:

google.com/amp/s/www.pcmech.com/article/motherboard-failure-diagnosis-solutions/amp

Has mentioned motherboard failing signs that I have experienced including odd horizontal lines. Screen shaking left and right, crashing, temporary black screens, crashing when stress is put on the system. (like video games.)

My Athlon ii X2 270 idles around 30% most of the time with just task manager. However the % usage jumps around quite (like 8% [Yes-Eight] to 60%) a bit even when not interacting with the computer. 

I can test the graphics card in another motherboard, and I will test the RAM to be absolutely sure it is the motherboard. 

I have no idea how to test the CPU as the article suggested a way to test Intel CPUs with an intel proprietary program, but not AMD CPUs. 

I would have thought with this kind of artifacting something was wrong...

IMG_2131.thumb.JPG.c6ead4c081464bf330efb122e76993a6.JPG

IMG_2132.thumb.JPG.9a6b00cf1e45d0db8c7c0018c53a8085.JPGsuch is not life in the zone. 

Stalker call of Pripyat is the most graphically intense game installed. 

Using the same video card, HDD, hdmi cable and monitor with a different CPU mobo and ram I was able to play without crashes, play half life 2 without crashes and arms Cold War assault. 

I am fairly certain the unknown issue lies within the motherboard CPU or ram. I cannot determine which, so testing will continue without the gtx 1050 ti to prevent damaging it. 

I'll see what other computer(s) I can use with the gpu instead.